What is Teachable?
Teachable is a no-code platform for creators who want to build a more impactful business through courses, coaching, downloadable content, and community. With Teachable, creators can engage their online audiences and get paid—on their own terms. Today, tens of thousands of creators use Teachable to share their knowledge and, to date, have reached more than 46 million students around the world.
Are you ready to join a dynamic, cross-cultural team at an exciting turning point in our company’s journey? Now part of the global Hotmart Company portfolio, Teachable continues to take the creator economy by storm as a true industry leader. Together, Teachable and Hotmart are delivering market-leading products that prioritize creator control and flexibility, alongside meaningful partnership and support from our team. If you have big ideas, relish the chance to challenge convention, and deeply believe in the power of creators to shape the future, we want you on our team!
What is the role?
We're looking to bring on a Software Engineer for our Student Engagement pod, responsible for creating deeper engagement between students and creators. In this role, you’ll be able to have a direct impact on the learning journey of our students by building products and features that foster deeper community and learning.
What You'll Do:
- Write secure, efficient, and high-quality code that adheres to best practices, such as encryption of sensitive data and input validation.
- Develop scalable and reusable code that promotes efficient development, such as creating reusable libraries and components.
- Identify areas for improvement in the codebase and take ownership of small-to-medium-sized systems, such as fixing bugs and optimizing performance.
- Quickly understand documentation and utilize testing techniques, such as unit testing, integration testing, and stress testing, to ensure high-quality code.
- Communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders, such as providing regular status updates and actively seeking feedback.
- Adapt to roadblocks and proactively resolve issues, such as debugging and troubleshooting.
- Align work with customer value by using feedback to prioritize features.
- Balance priorities and seek guidance when needed to make informed decisions.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building production web applications in an agile, startup environment.
- Familiarity or willingness to work in a full stack capacity.
- An appreciation for iteration, performance measurement, and optimization.
- A passion for solving complex technical problems in both new and legacy codebases.
- A mindset of leaving the codebase better than how you found it.
- Experience collaborating with multiple team members with varying experience levels to design and implement technical projects.
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently.
- A humble, collaborative, customer-focused, and highly curious approach to problem-solving.