What is Teachable?
Teachable is a no-code platform for creators who want to build a more impactful business through courses, coaching, downloadable content, and community. With Teachable, creators can engage their online audiences and get paid—on their own terms. Today, tens of thousands of creators use Teachable to share their knowledge and, to date, have reached more than 46 million students around the world.
Are you ready to join a dynamic, cross-cultural team at an exciting turning point in our company’s journey? Now part of the global Hotmart Company portfolio, Teachable continues to take the creator economy by storm as a true industry leader. Together, Teachable and Hotmart are delivering market-leading products that prioritize creator control and flexibility, alongside meaningful partnership and support from our team. If you have big ideas, relish the chance to challenge convention, and deeply believe in the power of creators to shape the future, we want you on our team!
If you're a deal-making dynamo who thrives on forging connections and can spark partnership magic in the digital creator world, consider applying to our Business Development Manager, Creator Partnerships position. In this role, you'll be the driving force behind sourcing, orchestrating, and closing partnership deals with Creators, all while providing crucial support for our account management initiatives. This is your golden ticket to leave an indelible mark in the ever-evolving landscape of the creator economy!
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your comprehensive understanding of the digital creator space to identify, outreach, and recruit top-tier partners aligned with Teachable’s goals.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive sales funnels for both on and off-platform opportunities, ensuring a steady flow of potential partnerships.
- Skillfully negotiate partnership agreements with creators and their representatives, ensuring mutually beneficial arrangements.
- Build and nurture strong, lasting relationships with creators and representatives across the digital ecosystem, establishing trust and rapport.
- Act as the face of Teachable by actively participating in industry events, conferences, and webinars.
- Engage with industry stakeholders, "work the room," and establish Teachable as a prominent presence in the creator community.
- Travel: As needed, travel to various locations to foster relationships, attend events, and conduct in-person meetings.
- Maintain open and effective communication with partners, proactively finding timely solutions to resolve any issues or challenges that may arise.
- Manage all key reporting metrics in a timely and meticulous fashion, providing valuable insights to drive decision-making.
What You’ll Bring
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience working within the Creator Economy industry, ideally with an understanding of the Knowledge sector and an established understanding of the movers and shakers in the space
- Business and social savvy, ability to break through the clutter to find influencers and online course creators who align with our brand mission and marketing goals
- Performance-oriented with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding targets, developing and learning through experimentation
- A genuine passion for the digital ecosystem and familiarity with top-tier influencers.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze performance metrics, communicate learnings, and move forward with evidence based recommendations
- Commitment to showcasing diverse set of creators to uphold Teachable’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to think critically and execute tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Highly detailed, organized, and planning-oriented, with exceptional follow-through, initiative, and time management skills.
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Existing relationships with digital talent are a plus.
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the cash compensation package potential is $130,000 - $150,000, inclusive of a performance bonus that will be tied to set targets. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay. #LI-Remote