What is Teachable?
Teachable is a no-code platform for creators who want to build a more impactful business through courses, coaching, downloadable content, and community. With Teachable, creators can engage their online audiences and get paid—on their own terms. Today, tens of thousands of creators use Teachable to share their knowledge and, to date, have reached more than 46 million students around the world.
Are you ready to join a dynamic, cross-cultural team at an exciting turning point in our company’s journey? Now part of the global Hotmart Company portfolio, Teachable continues to take the creator economy by storm as a true industry leader. Together, Teachable and Hotmart are delivering market-leading products that prioritize creator control and flexibility, alongside meaningful partnership and support from our team. If you have big ideas, relish the chance to challenge convention, and deeply believe in the power of creators to shape the future, we want you on our team!
What is the role?
As Director of Product Support, you’ll lead a team of knowledgeable and dedicated associates and managers in their work to support and grow our creators’ businesses while maintaining performance KPIs. You’ll help deliver upon a vision of what product support should be at Teachable that serves as a competitive advantage supporting subscriber growth and retention, and represents our brand in our customer support interactions. You’ll be responsible for leading a bench of managers, and a remote, international team of 20+ associates who support complex independent businesses using a variety of platform integrations, systems and features. Familiarity with support for complex platforms and passion for service oriented work is a must.
You'll collaborate closely with our parent company, Hotmart, forging a robust partnership to craft top-tier Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) operations specifically tailored to handle high-ticket volume. Your prowess in nurturing strong relationships will play a pivotal role in this collaboration, ensuring the creation of an operational framework that stands as a benchmark in supporting our expansive user base.
You will report into the VP of Product collaborating closely with Product, Customer Success and Marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a best-in-class and globally dispersed team of over 20 support professionals, specializing in delivering exceptional customer interactions primarily through chat, email and ticket-based systems. Ensure not only meeting but consistently surpassing our performance KPIs, while prioritizing quality in every customer interaction
- Manage a team of customer support managers, helping to build a culture of performance excellence, talent development, and create an environment where team members are proud of their contributions and fulfilled in their work
- Partner with Hotmart Customer Support Manager, enabling high-efficiency BPO operations in Brazil, leveraging your adept relationship-building skills to establish a benchmark for top-tier customer support
- Manage our US based and Philippines based support teams, optimizing performance across these distinct setups with your extensive workforce management background
- Leverage your expertise in reporting key metrics to executive teams, translating comprehensive insights from managing multifaceted support structures into actionable strategies to drive the company towards its goals
- Ensure seamless cross-functional alignment with Product Management and Marketing, synchronizing efforts to support new product releases and effectively triage support for impactful Go-To-Market strategies that directly affect our creators
- Be the voice of the customer and product support team by representing customer experiences across the company, and being one of the biggest culture carriers of our company value “Focus on Customers”
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop processes to capture key customer insights on customer experience, product challenges, enhancements and growth opportunities
- Act as a positive change agent, ensuring our teams are focused on our company priorities and goals, and are motivated to achieve them
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 10+ years of overall experience, with a solid 5+ years in leadership positions within SaaS/Product companies, showcasing a strong track record in steering and innovating customer support strategies
- Strong background in customer facing roles (e.g. sales, customer success, technical support)
- Experience with customer support tech stacks including Zendesk, JIRA, Intercom, Help Centers
- Experience in customer support operations, with a strong grasp of operations metrics, queueing theory, support platforms and technology
- Passion for customer support, and the ability to inspire and motivate a team and instill a sense of purpose in the team’s work
- A strong people leader and manager of managers with demonstrated ability to attract and retain top talent, create a culture of performance excellence, and help launch or further develop individual career goals
- Expertise in workforce management and staffing across different models, evident in your track record of effectively managing and optimizing teams within various support structures.
- The agility to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of our product, demonstrating an in-depth understanding that positions you as a trusted authority within the organization.
- A penchant for adaptability and comfort with change, essential traits that will navigate the evolving landscape of customer support technologies and methodologies
- Performance-oriented with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding targets, developing and learning through experimentation
- Strong collaborator and communicator who can partner cross functionally, create alignment and help drive results on initiatives and projects
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $145,000 - $160,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.