What is Teachable?
Teachable is a no-code platform for creators who want to build a more impactful business through courses, coaching, downloadable content, and community. With Teachable, creators can engage their online audiences and get paid—on their own terms. Today, tens of thousands of creators use Teachable to share their knowledge and, to date, have reached more than 46 million students around the world.
Are you ready to join a dynamic, cross-cultural team at an exciting turning point in our company’s journey? Now part of the global Hotmart Company portfolio, Teachable continues to take the creator economy by storm as a true industry leader. Together, Teachable and Hotmart are delivering market-leading products that prioritize creator control and flexibility, alongside meaningful partnership and support from our team. If you have big ideas, relish the chance to challenge convention, and deeply believe in the power of creators to shape the future, we want you on our team!
What is the role?
The Growth-Conversion pod is looking for a Software Engineer in a full stack capacity. We are happy to consider candidates with particular expertise in either the frontend or the backend, but are prioritizing candidates who are comfortable delivering full-stack features both autonomously and in close collaboration with fellow engineers and cross-functional counterparts.
Growth-Conversion works to identify and implement features and product improvements that increase Teachable’s paying subscriber base. We rapidly deliver new functionality within the core product to boost the value creators derive from Teachable. We are a highly collaborative and adaptive team that delivers meaningful work that impacts our creators’ ability to run their online businesses.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for taking ownership of Growth projects spanning the entire software development lifecycle. You’ll design and build new products, improve legacy functionality and code, contribute to new microservice applications, and be a vocal contributor to cross-organizational technical initiatives.
The ideal candidate thrives in an environment where you embrace being a key stakeholder throughout the entire product development lifecycle. You’ll lead projects throughout development, defining timelines, writing and shipping code, and establishing post-release monitoring and measuring practices.
Additionally, ideal candidates will have an interest in contributing to wider technology organization goals, including org-wide adoption of microservice best-practices, improving services infrastructure, improving our legacy codebase, and building experimentation and other tooling that helps all teams rapidly iterate and measure the impact of their work.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with engineers on the pod and throughout the organization, product managers, and designers to build high-quality, scalable products.
- Strategically support a mindful migration from our existing monolithic application to a microservices architecture. There are a lot of big technical projects Teachable is working through, and Growth Engineering team members are often heavily involved.
- Constantly “leave it better than how you found it” mentality and are willing to work in and improve legacy code that you did not originally write.
- You excel when faced with product and engineering challenges and care as much about building great user experiences as you do writing great code. You are invested in ensuring our product delivers value as effectively and quickly as possible to our users.
- You have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge as well as a desire to create the right solutions for business problems. Growth Engineering is highly collaborative: we grow together when we learn together.
- 2+ years of hands-on full stack experience building production web applications
- You are comfortable working in a continuous delivery environment, and are able to (or are interested in learning about how to) maintain CI/CD pipelines
- You possess (or are interested in learning) lightweight DevOps skills in order to work in/deliver new microservices and/or micro-frontends semi-autonomously in partnership with
- infrastructure engineers.
- Experience analyzing, designing, and evolving RESTful APIs
- A leader who can drive a project through the entire software development lifecycle in partnership with the entire developer and product team, as well as external stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- A teammate who thrives in a collaborative environment and provides feedback consistently and well, with an open mind and willingness to continuously improve
Nice to have:
- Exposure to a technical redesign including working on a migration from a monolith to microservices (or micro-frontends) architecture
- Strong interest in contributing to or leading cross-team initiatives that elevate all of Teachable’s new service applications
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $110,000 to 135,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.