Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at TeamApt is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers - kubernetes, docker etc.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
Location: Remote (Full time)
What you’ll get to do
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Java) and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A live coding assessment, for about 30-45 minutes.
- A technical interview with a Lead in our Engineering Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.