Who we are
Moniepoint is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at Moniepoint is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers - kubernetes, docker etc.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
The QA engineer's responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics. The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
What you’ll get to do
- Work with other developers, enterprise architects, product and project managers in designing software solutions.
- Derive acceptance criteria from a quality assurance perspective for given product requirements.
- Derive test cases based on the acceptance criteria defined.
- Perform the different types of tests required to certify the quality of an application before deployment.
- Maintains records of bugs captured for applications.
- Carry out exploratory/learning tests for new features.
- Ensures that every feature being deployed is without bugs.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- 3-5 years proven experience as a quality assurance engineer or similar role.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical depth.
- Analytical skills
- Minimum of BSc in Computer Science or a Related Field
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical Interview with a member of the QA Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
- All Interview Stages are Virtual
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile via our career website.
Moniepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.