Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
About the role
As a credit risk/appraisal officer, you would be saddled with the duty of identifying and eliminating/reducing potential default red flags prior to the disbursement of a loan facility. You would also be responsible for making deductions from several information sources pertaining to the 5Cs of credit with capacity, character and collateral as major priorities. Making recommendations to management before, during and after the disbursement of a loan facility as to the best actions to be taken, taking several economic factors into consideration.
You would be required to carry out detailed due diligence on the customer, the customer’s businesses, the guarantors and co-debtors to ensure that the customer has the capacity, character and collateral to ensure that the likelihood of the loan going bad is as close to 0 as possible.
What you’ll get to do
- Embark on physical visitation to potential borrowers’ business places for evaluation of business books, taking inventory and turnover into consideration
- Physical visitation of customer’s residences to verify address information provided
- Physical visitation of other parties to the loan such as the loan guarantors and co-debtors to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and can easily be located if necessary
- Ensuring collateral adequacies by visiting the collateral locations, and taking quality photographic shots of the collaterals for uploads (this also applies to the proof of ownership to be provided by the borrower)
- Prepare comprehensive reports on daily credit activities
- Perform all other credit related functions as may be assigned by a supervisor
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- A minimum of a B.Sc/H.ND in any business related discipline
- A minimum of 1 year experience in credit risk management with a financial institution
- A good knowledge of financial analysis is an added advantage
- Apt attention to details
- Proven simple/complex analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Agility and perseverance
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.