Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at TeamApt is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
Location: Remote (Full time)
A Business Analyst on the IRIS team in TeamApt is responsible for assessing the company’s financial position by evaluating how the various products are impacting the Core Banking Application and coming up with solutions to company operations.
Your duties in this role include analyzing the trial balance, records in the CBA and entries from the various products to the various accounts, market research and operating procedures, strategizing ideas to improve business operations and meeting with company executives and other stakeholders to provide suggestions based on their analysis.
Our business analysts are the drivers behind our continued growth and success. Our business analysts seek out, develop, and help implement strategic initiatives for improved efficiency and productivity with our commitment to innovation.
We’re currently searching for an experienced business analyst to help work closely on improving the Financial Reporting by evaluating how products are handling their respective transactions. From researching progressive systems solutions to evaluating their impact, our ideal candidate is a detailed planner, expert communicator, and top-notch analyst. They should be wholly committed to discovering and developing innovative solutions in an ever-changing digital landscape.
How Will You Create Impact?
Objectives of this Role
- Determine and develop user requirements for internal systems
- Drive identification of requirements across business units and identify substandard systems processes through evaluation of real-time data
- Serve as a thought leader for technical business processes, developing forward-thinking systems prototypes that promote increased efficiency and productivity on multiple levels
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Partner with other stakeholder teams across business units (i.e. Business Development, Finance, Accounting, IT Audit and Compliance) to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with production, managerial, and executive teams
- Evaluate, analyze, and communicate systems requirements on a continuing basis, and maintain systems processes, including the delivery of monthly status reports to all appropriate parties
- Author and update internal and external documentation, and formally initiate and deliver requirements and documentation
- Conduct daily systems analytics to maximize effectiveness and troubleshoot problems
- Develop meaningful and lasting relationships with partners for optimized systems integration, and respond to questions and concerns from managers and executives with supporting research and recommendations
- Develop and maintain reports that would provide points of evaluation for various internal functions
- Write clear and well-structured business requirements and documents
- Identify opportunities for business process automation
- Create reports, dashboards and visualisations to better understand business performance
- Collaborate with product managers on roadmap planning and prioritisation for Internal Products that would evaluate Business Performance
- Modelling business processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of proven experience in an analytics and systems development capacity
- High proficiency with SQL language
- Experience with a Core Banking Application
- Understanding basic accounting and the impact of transactions on the chart of accounts and how these would impact Financial Reporting
- Proven analytical abilities
- Practical experience generating process documentation and reports
- Excellent communicator with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Strong working knowledge of any SQL based Database language
- Proven capabilities in Product Documentation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with Accounting and Accounting Software
- Proven development of innovative and impactful systems solutions
- Extensive experience with data visualisation
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical interview with a Lead in our Engineering Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.