The Hardware Program Manager is part of Terra Quantum’s Ventures organization, which is responsible for implementing the general Ventures vision, ensuring the company’s ability to implement it, and aligning with the corporate and scientific vision. The Hardware Program Manager reports to the Head of the Hardware and CTO supporting the team that works on hardware and software development, working on partnership and collaboration, ensuring the success of the Venture. The key objectives of Hardware Program Manager will be to support in strategic business development activities, to be the business lead in an internal venture and to provide guidance on the development of new products and propositions for Terra Quantum. With a clear and result-oriented mindset, the Hardware Program Manager guides members of their team in targeted and efficient work. Working closely with hardware management and strategy, the Hardware Program Manager understands basic aspects of developing hardware as future products of the company’s Venture.
With an eye for detail, the Hardware Program Manager helps their teams strive for perfection and has a capacity for enthusiasm and shows their team that they partake in the paramount mission to make quantum technologies broadly available and accessible and change the world for the better.
- Managing the Laboratory to fulfil the technical needs of the Applied Research team
- Facilitating the work of the Applied Research team working on the hardware development
- Conducting analysis to support the selection of products and modules to be developed, based on market sizing and customer need, etc.
- Feeding client requirements back to the product and R&D teams
- Establishing partnerships and collaborations with Research, Non-profit, and Profit organizations to speed up and improve developments of the Hardware Venture
- Supporting the development and execution of sector and / or capability specific business development plans & strategies
- Developing and tailoring presentations that articulate our capabilities and capture the value that can be generated for clients and partners
- Originating new prospects in target industries
- Presenting complex topics and ideas to C-Level stakeholders
- Driving the progression of prospective clients through the Terra Quantum pipeline
- Bringing novel ideas on Business expansion and monetisation of the hardware development
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- Experience as a strategy or innovation management consultant highly desired, especially around creating value through leveraging disruptive technologies
- Polished communication skills and the ability to present compellingly to senior and director level clients
- A strategic thinker, with strong commercial acumen, a solid mathematical grounding and a creative flair
- Passion for bleeding edge technologies such as Quantum Computing (You have at least a basic understanding of the types of problems that can be addressed by Quantum Computing today and, in the future, in various industries)
- Experience building compelling business cases which articulate business benefits, explain the market opportunity and are supported with a robust financial case that can stand up to an investment committee
- Passionate about building businesses that are creative and imaginative, whilst being commercially viable in the market place
- Advanced proficiency in communication and presentation in English
- Basic knowledge in R&D team management
- Experience in teaching and/or coaching
- Goal-oriented, analytical and the ability to work independently
- Experience in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Flexible, proactive, and creative with the ability to work in a team
- Highly motivated and resilient with the ability to work interdisciplinary
- Clear and customer-oriented agile and team-oriented approach
- Growth mindset, eager to learn and grow, initiative, drive and energy
- Self-starter and driven, entrepreneurial flair, rebel mindset, comfortable with ambiguity and working at pace
We are an international team of quantum technology experts and dedicated business creatives that are working to bring quantum-enabled solutions to the global market. Our brilliant team members enjoy a high degree of freedom working remotely or joining one of our office spaces. We have a vibrant, enthusiastic, passionate and creative culture driven by trust, excellence and continuous improvement. If you join the Terra Quantum team, you can expect:
- An opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the pioneering field of Quantum Technologies as well as an experienced and progressive Leadership team
- Gain knowledge of some of the most cutting-edge technology developments in science & engineering
- A chance to be part of one of Europe’s leading technology firms of the upcoming decades
- Welcoming, friendly, and professional colleagues
- A personal development plan with clear goals for advancement
- A competitive salary
- A performance related bonus
- Flexible working arrangements
- A diverse and supportive atmosphere, where innovation and initiative are encouraged
If you are enthusiastic about positively impacting the world and helping to drive the second quantum revolution, let’s talk!
Quantum technologies have the potential to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. There have been great advances in all areas of quantum technologies, and new fields of application are opened up every day. Hybrid computer systems that combine classic high-performance computing with quantum computers are already being used to develop solutions in sectors such as logistics, healthcare, finance, energy, automotive and aerospace. Quantum mechanical predictions are also used to obtain unprecedented precision in measurements, generate unbreakable codes, and form the basis of impenetrable communication networks. All these developments are happening right now, and they are happening at Terra Quantum.
At Terra Quantum we are building the world’s leading Quantum Technology company. We offer customers world-class quantum technology expertise organized as “quantum-as-a-service”: hybrid quantum algorithms, quantum compute and quantum enabled security solutions. Through the proprietary quantum cloud, customers have access to a unique technology platform which provides a toolset to solve real-world challenges in the realms of machine learning, optimization and simulation, today. In 2022, the company closed its Series A financing round with a $75m fundraise.
Quantum physics has, in some respects, parallels to the machine language of our computers-the zeros and ones into which our keyboard or touchscreen instructions are translated for execution in the computer-only on a larger scale: it is the machine language of the universe. The second quantum revolution is based on the control of individual quantum systems, such as individual atoms. We use quantum computers to solve currently unsolvable problems, simulate molecules and their interactions, find drugs for diseases that are not yet curable, find new materials, or make artificial intelligence stronger. Quantum is now.
Terra Quantum is a future-focused quantum services and technology company working on making the second quantum revolution a reality. Terra Quantum’s activities span all areas, markets, and industries globally.
- Our purpose is to pioneer quantum technologies to change the world for good,
- Our vision is to lead the quantum revolution and be the trailblazer in technology solutions, shaping a better future for humankind to thrive in, and
- Our mission is to unleash the power of quantum tech to deliver meaningful solutions today
Terra Quantum is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, inclusion and employee well-being.