The Senior Quantum Scientist (Hardware) is part of Terra Quantum’s Applied Research organization, which is responsible for implementing the general research vision, ensuring the company’s ability to implement it, and aligning with the corporate and scientific vision. The Senior Quantum Scientist reports to the Program Manager supporting continuous hardware and software development and improvement, including engineering, -research, -design. With a clear and result-oriented mindset, the Senior Quantum Scientist technically guides junior members of their team in targeted and efficient engineering. Working closely with hardware management and -strategy, the Quantum Scientist understands all the technical aspects of developing devices as future products of the company.
With an eye for detail, the Senior Quantum Scientist (Hardware) helps their teams strive for perfection and has a capacity for enthusiasm and shows their team that they partake in the paramount mission to make quantum technologies broadly available and accessible and change the world for the better.
- Design and development of superconducting on-chip systems and microwave environment
- Development of the control and measurement systems for superconducting on-chip systems
- Numerical modelling of the quantum dynamics and microwaves propagation in microwave quantum devices
- Calibration, characterization, and performance analysis of superconducting on-chip systems
- Writing of scientific articles, reports, and patent applications
- Managing a team of scientists and engineers
- Bringing novel ideas on superconducting devices
- Doctoral degree in experimental physics, condensed matter, electrical engineering, or equivalent subject with focus on superconducting devices
- Deep knowledge in superconducting microwave devices, such as qubits, parametric amplifiers, tunable resonators and couplers
- Experience in numerical modelling and microwave electromagnetic simulations
- Excellent understanding of the theory of superconductivity
- Excellent experience working with RF and DC measurement setups
- Excellent knowledge in Python
- Advanced experience with dilution refrigerators
- Advanced experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience in teaching
- Goal-oriented, analytical and the ability to work independently
- Flexible, proactive, and creative with the ability to work in a team
- Highly motivated and resilient with the ability to work interdisciplinary
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
We are an international team of quantum technology experts and dedicated business creatives that are working to bring quantum-enabled solutions to the global market. Our brilliant team members enjoy a high degree of freedom working remotely or joining one of our office spaces. We have a vibrant, enthusiastic, passionate and creative culture driven by trust, excellence and continuous improvement. If you join the Terra Quantum team, you can expect:
- An opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the pioneering field of Quantum Technologies as well as an experienced and progressive Leadership team
- Gain knowledge of some of the most cutting-edge technology developments in science & engineering
- A chance to be part of one of Europe’s leading technology firms of the upcoming decades
- Welcoming, friendly, and professional colleagues
- A personal development plan with clear goals for advancement
- A competitive salary
- A performance related bonus
- Flexible working arrangements
- A diverse and supportive atmosphere, where innovation and initiative are encouraged
If you are enthusiastic about positively impacting the world and helping to drive the second quantum revolution, let’s talk!
Quantum technologies have the potential to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. There have been great advances in all areas of quantum technologies, and new fields of application are opened up every day. Hybrid computer systems that combine classic high-performance computing with quantum computers are already being used to develop solutions in sectors such as logistics, healthcare, finance, energy, automotive and aerospace. Quantum mechanical predictions are also used to obtain unprecedented precision in measurements, generate unbreakable codes, and form the basis of impenetrable communication networks. All these developments are happening right now, and they are happening at Terra Quantum.
At Terra Quantum we are building the world’s leading Quantum Technology company. We offer customers world-class quantum technology expertise organized as “quantum-as-a-service”: hybrid quantum algorithms, quantum compute and quantum enabled security solutions. Through the proprietary quantum cloud, customers have access to a unique technology platform which provides a toolset to solve real-world challenges in the realms of machine learning, optimization and simulation, today. In 2022, the company closed its Series A financing round with a $75m fundraise.
Quantum physics has, in some respects, parallels to the machine language of our computers-the zeros and ones into which our keyboard or touchscreen instructions are translated for execution in the computer-only on a larger scale: it is the machine language of the universe. The second quantum revolution is based on the control of individual quantum systems, such as individual atoms. We use quantum computers to solve currently unsolvable problems, simulate molecules and their interactions, find drugs for diseases that are not yet curable, find new materials, or make artificial intelligence stronger. Quantum is now.
Terra Quantum is a future-focused quantum services and technology company working on making the second quantum revolution a reality. Terra Quantum’s activities span all areas, markets, and industries globally.
- Our purpose is to pioneer quantum technologies to change the world for good,
- Our vision is to lead the quantum revolution and be the trailblazer in technology solutions, shaping a better future for humankind to thrive in, and
- Our mission is to unleash the power of quantum tech to deliver meaningful solutions today
Terra Quantum is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, inclusion and employee well-being.