Are you looking for an internship at one of Europe’s most exciting companies? Do you want to hop on our life-long learning journey?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
As our GL Accounting intern, you’ll have a front-row seat in the day-to-day financial operations of The Student Hotel Group, which consist of hotels, restaurants and coworking locations in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France, Italy & Spain with future developments in the pipeline.
You will assist the Accounting Manager and GL Accountants to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the financial results, while working on improving the internal control processes for our portfolio. We are looking for someone to join our team at our Amsterdam Hub for a period of 6 months starting in September 2022.
In case you don’t know who we are…
Our unique model offers long stay (student and co-living) and short stay (hotel) options for our guests, together with market leading co-working spaces and epic facilities. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. We activate this community to encourage connections and help each other grow. We achieve this by offering award winning communal spaces with a wow-factor combined with our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
What You'll Do:
- Process bank statements into the general ledger;
- Assist with the reconciliation of all balance sheet items and documentation for review;
- Assist with the reconciliation of intercompany accounts (incl. loans/interests) and preparing intercompany invoices;
- Participate in the month end closing process and review of month-end accruals;
- Support ad hoc projects within TSH.
Who You Are:
- You are studying towards a degree in accounting or Bachelor in hotel administration;
- You have an exceptional eye for detail;
- You're data-driven mindset & strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills;
- You have great English communication skills (Dutch or German is an advantage);
- You are comfortable with Microsoft Office applications.
What We offer:
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy.
- On the job coaching and guidance.
- Monthly compensation for your internship.
- The opportunity to work and learn at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry.
- A first glimpse into the world of Hospitality with one of the most innovative players in the market.
- Access to the amazing TSH facilities, including our awesome restaurant and gym. And did we mention you also get a discount on Hotel stays and Food and Drinks?
- A wonderful workplace to call home with, dare we say it, fun colleagues.
We're curious, conscious and we celebrate all. We bring people together and are committed to providing the best space, experience and workplace for our entire connected community. We do this no matter the age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin or all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and makes you unique.