Food sets the stage, drinks create the mood. The only thing we need is a brand new friendly member of the TSH community!
Your Mission Should you Choose to Accept it:
You have passion and flare in using seasonal ingredients, producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome while working as part of a dynamic and lively team. You have plenty of experience gained in various kitchens, preferably internationally along with excellent communication skills that enable you to delegate effectively. You make things happen and exceed expectations while you will become a positive ambassador for the brand, ensuring that all guests experience our unique TSH vibe.
In case you don't know who we are...
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hybrid hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. And with still to be opened properties in Madrid, Barcelona and Toulouse, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure all resources are available to cooks to enable them to perform their tasks in a proper and timely manner;
- Proper communication to cooks of daily specials, menu changes and special (dietary) needs of guests;
- Act as a role model while taking part in service - preparing and cooking dishes, tidying and cleaning the partie;
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins;
- Monitor incoming goods – such as supplies, ingredients and pre-fabricated foods;
- Monitor accurate execution of HACCP guidelines, fire safety policy and working conditions.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 1 year’s relevant work experience in a similar role at a similar level kitchen;
- Strong knowledge of food products according to market standards;
- Excellent knowledge of modern cooking techniques,
- You’re fluent in English and Dutch;
- You’re legally allowed to work in enter country.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company. Not just another hotel - we’re a game changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future.
- The chance to learn and grow in your role with the potential for future growth.
- Awesome discounts in all our properties in Europe and not just for you, but also for your friends and family!
- A wonderful workplace to call home, full of events, fun colleagues and all the other amazing salary/benefits stuff.
We want you to be you. You have your own style; tattoos are cool and your hair is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show our guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.