READY…SET…FIX! We are looking for true DIYer bolted with grip, humour and a sparkling personality to join our team as The Head of our Technical Department at our unique, designer hotel in Amsterdam West!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
Together with your team and Hotel Manager you are involved in everything that has to do with maintenance and technics, both inside and outside of the hotel. You are super handy and therefore the first point of contact for guests and team members when an issue or malfunction is reported.
You will be involved in everything that concerns technical matters, issues and long-term maintenance for our 707-room property, restaurant, and co-working space.
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem)…
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hybrid hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. And with still to be opened properties in Madrid, Barcelona and Toulouse, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the first point of contact for maintenance issues for guests and colleagues
- Lead a team of handymen to ensure consistent quality of our building and facilities long term
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with 3rd parties and subcontractors
- You’ll be responsible for all relevant reparation work in and around the hotel
- Conduct regular maintenance checks
- Liaise with internal and external parties regarding technical and maintenance topics
Who You Are:
- You have a flexible, hands-on, motivated and positive approach
- You have at least 2 years of hotel maintenance experience
- You have a background in hospitality, preferably in a hotel environment
- You’re an excellent multitasker
- You work great in a team and independently
- You’re super friendly and guest-oriented
- You love responsibility and handle stressful peak periods like a pro
- You’re fluent in Dutch and have good communication skills in English
- You’re hard working, responsible and have a “let’s do this!” mentality
- You’re legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company. Not just another hotel - we’re a game changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future.
- The chance to learn and grow in your role with the potential for future growth.
- Awesome discounts in all our properties in Europe and not just for you, but also for your friends and family!
- A wonderful workplace to call home, full of events, fun colleagues and all the other amazing salary/benefits stuff.
We want you to be you. You have your own style; tattoos are cool and your hair is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show our guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.