Food sets the stage, drinks create the mood. The only thing we need is a friendly member of the TSH community!
Your Mission Should you Choose to Accept it…
We are looking for a highly motivated full time chef de commis, who is passionate about his or her work and has an eagerness to develop with us. Mise en place will be a considerable part of your job. Additionally, you will have flexible shifts with no restrictions to day of the week or time of day.
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem)…
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hybrid hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. And with still to be opened properties in Madrid, Barcelona and Toulouse, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
What You’ll Do:
- Food preparation work and basic cooking;
- Ensure accurate measurements of dish ingredients and portion sizes;
- React to the needs of the senior chefs, assisting in all kitchen operations;
- Deal with deliveries and stock rotation;
- Maintain high standards of hygiene.
Who You Are:
- You have an MBO degree;
- You’re fluent English (and country language) skills - written and spoken;
- Preferably 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Friendly and welcoming to guests and team members;
- Extremely calm under pressure and have excellent multitasking abilities;
- Contemporary spirited and think even further than outside the box;
- You’re flexible, motivated, social and highly organised;
- You’re legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company. Not just another hotel - we’re a game changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future.
- The chance to learn and grow in your role with the potential for future growth.
- Awesome discounts in all our properties in Europe and not just for you, but also for your friends and family!
- A wonderful workplace to call home, full of events, fun colleagues and all the other amazing salary/benefits stuff.
We want you to be you. You have your own style; tattoos are cool and your hair is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show our guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.