Your mission should you choose to accept it...
Our Amsterdam West hotel is the largest location and the only one with internal housekeeping management till now. We don’t have to tell you about the importance of a clean sheeted hotel: fresh = key! Housekeeping is of great importance to the overall guest experience AND we want to have the most satisfied guests of Amsterdam.
Together with the Housekeeping Manager, you will be overseeing overall quality, consistency and cleanliness of rooms, shared kitchens and public areas together with internal and external partners.
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem):
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hybrid hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. And with still to be opened properties in Madrid, Barcelona and Toulouse, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
What You'll Do:
- Managing the housekeeping team, making sure everybody performs his/her tasks the right way:
- Set-up operational plan and planning
- Coordinating tasks and people
- Leadership and coaching of team
- Main contact with internal/external guests and suppliers
- Stock control + ordering of guest & cleaning supplies
- Quality control, you have the responsibility of 707 rooms & 52 shared kitchens!
- Create improvements (and implement them) in Housekeeping processes together with external Housekeeping partner
- Planning and scheduling internal team of housekeepers on public areas & shared kitchens
Who You Are:
- You're a student! You're currently enrolled in university
- You’re involved in Facility management or Hotel management --> This can be MBO level 4 or HBO Hotelschool (1st internship)
- You’re enthusiastic about hospitality; previous experience is welcome but not a must
- You’re intrigued by teamwork & motivated to leading a team yourself
- You have an eye for detail
- You’re organized & can handle stressful situations like a pro!
- You're fluent in English. Know other languages? The more the merrier!
- You're legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
What We Offer:
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy.
- On the job coaching and guidance.
- Monthly compensation for your internship.
- The opportunity to work and learn at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry.
- A first glimpse into the world of Hospitality with one of the most innovative players in the market.
- Access to the amazing TSH facilities, including our awesome restaurant and gym. And did we mention you also get a discount on Hotel stays and Food and Drinks?
- A wonderful workplace to call home with, dare we say it, fun colleagues.
We want you to be you. You have your own style; tattoos are cool and your hair is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show our guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.