We are looking for a talented and motivated team member to join our dynamic AI company, where we are committed to the advancement of digital innovation.
You will have the option of working in either of our groovy offices (Évora or Lisbon), – nice and open plan if that’s your thing – or from the comfort of your own home, as working remotely is an option that many of us at Two Impulse enjoy.
The main point is that you’ll be in touch with a fantastic team who really enjoy working together.
About the role… As a Backend Developer, you will be working on the server side of web applications, participating in design, development, and maintaining fully-fledged and functioning platforms with databases or servers. More specifically, you’ll be:
- Participating in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Writing clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Performing performance optimizations
- Managing cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborating with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Gathering and addressing technical and design requirements
- Providing training/coaching and support to internal teams
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaising with developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features
- Following emerging technologies
We highly value individual experience and are not only interested in ticking boxes, nevertheless, there are some essential skills required to get the job done:
- 3+ years proven work experience as a Backend developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Hands on experience with Java, JUnit, Hibernate and Spring
- Hands on experience with relational DBs
- Proficiency with version control systems like Git;
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Motivation to work with international teams and clients
- Passion to learn new technologies
- English Proficiency, both spoken and written.
Nice skills that would be helpful to have:
- Experience using AWS to architect for reliability and scalability
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (with a focus on AWS cloud deployments)
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Motivation to grow toward technical leadership
…and on a more personal level, it would be great if you:
- Have the ability to deal with ambiguity and work successfully within a globally distributed team;
- Are adaptable, enthusiastic, and willing to take ownership;
- Are inquisitive, analytical, and a creative problem solver.
What’s in it for you? Only the good stuff!:
- The salary is attractive and negotiable, as good talent is hard to come by!
- We also hook you up with a high-tech laptop with plenty of memory and CPUs, plus all the peripherals you may need!
- A work environment that nurtures innovation and collaboration, and a place where your voice is heard, and your contributions are appreciated;
- All the training and ongoing training you need to keep your skills at the cutting edge;
- Health Insurance and an awesome benefits package;
- Quarterly Team Get-togethers where you will be well Fed and Watered (Haha)!
Welcoming people of different backgrounds and experiences, Two Impulse is committed to building an inclusive and trustworthy work environment that makes it a great home for everyone.
Feel the Impulse? Check out the form below!