WHO WE ARE
Util is a London-based fintech company on a mission to change the way the world invests.
We believe redirecting global capital towards sustainable companies is the most effective way to fix the biggest social and environmental challenges of our time. The problem is, there isn’t yet a way to holistically measure a company’s environmental and social impact.
We’re solving the challenge using state-of-the-art natural language processing. Our analytics draw from academic research to quantify the positive and negative impact of every listed company, as measured against the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We’re a small team with a diverse range of experiences, skills and personalities, united in our drive to move the financial industry towards sustainable outcomes. This is a great opportunity to support us at an early and exciting stage in our journey.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will:
- Be actively involved with building and maintaining our new component library.
- Help build and design the new Micro Frontend (MFE) infrastructure.
- Deliver new features to both our current application and new MFE.
- Mentor junior/mid level engineers.
- Help improve our processes and documentation.
- Take lead on some really exciting upcoming projects.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You enjoy working on new problems.
- You are passionate about code quality, application design, and user experience.
- You excel at self-directing your work in the context of a larger team.
- You are excited at the prospect of joining a new team within the engineering
- You can adapt your day-to-day work to reflect the priorities of the engineering
- team, which can shift quickly.
- You love sharing any new ideas you create or discover within an idea meritocracy.
- You care passionately about sustainability and solving big environmental and social problems with technology.
WHAT YOU KNOW
You’ll need proven experience in:
- Developing with one of: React, VueJs, Angular - we use React!
- Testing Library or any other.
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- Experience with UX and UI.
- Experience with visualizing big data.
- Deploying stable, well-structured, and legible code.
- Developing and designing web applications, including experience dealing with usability, accessibility and cross-browser issues and solutions.
- Using Git as a member of an engineering team.
- Cloud Computing with Linux on one of: AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience in mentoring/coaching junior/mid Frontend Engineers.
- Experience in component libraries and Micro Frontends (Bonus points).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Tier 2 Visa sponsorship
- Annual education and training budget, including company book scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Tech Scheme offering electronics and tech through salary sacrifice
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in what we’re building, please apply! Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.