We believe in the power of technology as a force for good, and know we need to bring the best people together to work on such a significant problem. We are looking for game-changers from across Europe or equivalent time zones, who share our vision to create a better future for people and the planet.
If you are an innovator, want to work at a purpose-driven startup, and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that will drive down carbon emissions at scale, we’d love to hear from you.
- Environmental. The Earth is our protagonist. Protecting it is at the center of everything we do.
- Collaborative. Climate change affects us all. By working collaboratively we know we can make a difference within retail, and beyond.
- Honest. Our voice is informative and authentic. We want to share what we are working on, be open about the challenges, and build an ecosystem that creates change.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to play a pivotal role in the development of our carbon software, used by our online retail customers to help them measure, monitor and reduce their carbon footprint. You will be joining Vaayu as one of the first employees in a fast growing start-up and have the opportunity to help shape everything that comes next. This role is perfect for someone with an entrepreneurial mind-set, who understands the customer-first mentality and is able to problem solve pragmatic solutions.
What this looks like (Responsibilities)
- Manage/build Greenfield projects from the ground up, with a high degree of autonomy and the ability to take full ownership over your work.
- Build a data centric platform with us, and transport complex data to our users. Data visualization will be a big element of your scope.
- Work in a service oriented system, with a high degree of decoupling. Frontends are decoupled from server side code with a frontend facing Mothership service (Golang).
- Build full-stack features including working on the Mothership service.
Who we are looking for (qualifications)
- You know how to build systems from the ground up.
We are not looking for expertise in our stack — we are more interested in the ability to pick up technologies quickly. We are currently using the following:
- Databases: Postgresql (Cloud SQL), Neo4j, Redis
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker
Other key technologies: Kafka, JSON REST APIs, Vue.js, D3.js
- Enjoy working collaboratively within a team, as well as autonomously.
- A proactive passion for solving climate change.
- Fluent in English.
Vaayu provides the opportunity to:
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded, and international team
- Grow and develop within an expanding team of entrepreneurial experts
- Join our quarterly offsite where we come together in a European destination
- Enjoy 26 days paid leave with an additional day for every year of employment (up to 30 days)
- Opt in to pension and health policies available within your region of work
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not believe in discrimination of any kind, and are proud to have an international team from over 17 different countries. We nurture an inclusive and collaborative environment for all, and are committed to reflecting a diverse range of backgrounds, experience and thinking.