We believe in the power of technology as a force for good, and know we need to bring the best people together to work on such a significant problem. We are looking for game-changers from across Europe or equivalent time zones, who share our vision to create a better future for people and the planet.
If you are an innovator, want to work at a purpose-driven startup, and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that will drive down carbon emissions at scale, we’d love to hear from you.
- Environmental. The Earth is our protagonist. Protecting it is at the center of everything we do.
- Collaborative. Climate change affects us all. By working collaboratively we know we can make a difference within retail, and beyond.
- Honest. Our voice is informative and authentic. We want to share what we are working on, be open about the challenges, and build an ecosystem that creates change.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Data & Analytics Engineer who will be designing and building a high-performance and scalable data infrastructure with the end goal of providing clean data sets for data science and analytics.
What this looks like (Responsibilities)
- Design the ETL process with the end goal of creating a clear data model in a DWH.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable data pipelines from the ground up, with a high degree of autonomy.
- Collaborate with LCA experts, data scientists, and backend engineers to solve data challenges.
- Deploy your services on our Google Kubernetes Engine. Integrate with other systems heavily relying on specialized technologies like Kafka and Neo4j.
Who we are looking for (qualifications)
- Proficient in at least one programming language, e.g. Python or Go.
- Have a deep knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Have knowledge of data modeling and ETL/ELT practices.
- Have past experience in designing and building a data infrastructure with reliability, scalability and maintainability in mind.
- Proficient in software engineering best practices like version control and CI/CD
- Enjoy working collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously.
- A proactive passion for solving climate change.
- Fluent in English.
Vaayu provides the opportunity to:
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded, and international team
- Grow and develop within an expanding team of entrepreneurial experts
- Join our quarterly offsite where we come together in a European destination
- Enjoy 26 days paid leave with an additional day for every year of employment (up to 30 days)
- Opt in to pension and health policies available within your region of work
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not believe in discrimination of any kind, and are proud to have an international team from over 17 different countries. We nurture an inclusive and collaborative environment for all, and are committed to reflecting a diverse range of backgrounds, experience and thinking.