We believe in the power of technology as a force for good, and know we need to bring the best people together to work on such a significant problem. We are looking for game-changers from across Europe or equivalent time zones, who share our vision to create a better future for people and the planet.
If you are an innovator, want to work at a purpose-driven startup, and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that will drive down carbon emissions at scale, we’d love to hear from you.
- Environmental. The Earth is our protagonist. Protecting it is at the center of everything we do.
- Collaborative. Climate change affects us all. By working collaboratively we know we can make a difference within retail, and beyond.
- Honest. Our voice is informative and authentic. We want to share what we are working on, be open about the challenges, and build an ecosystem that creates change.
We're looking for...
... a UX/UI Designer to join a newly formed remote multi-disciplinary team to lead the building of a SaaS web tool that analyses the Carbon Footprint of any given physical product and identifies ways to reduce it.
We imagine someone senior (4+ years of relevant experience in digital product design) with an end-to-end design skillset and a passion for reducing complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility and ease of use. Someone that has experience applying best practices while knowing when to adjust them to the reality of a scaling, fast-paced start-up.
Being a Product Designer at Vaayu means...
- Full-stack design. As a member of a small team, you're ready to wear many hats. You're comfortable with all stages of the design process, from discovery to delivery: problem definition, user research, concept ideation, prototyping, visual deliverables, evaluation and feature release.
- Systems thinking. Solving climate change requires us to envision the big picture. You have the ability to understand and visualise complex systems, such as a product's lifecycle, and translate it into actionable self-service software.
- Deliberate design. You are data-driven and base your designs on user research and analytics insights. You are able to explain your work, process and decision making to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Data Visualisation. We believe in the power of data to tell a story and prompt to action. You are well versed in telling stories through interactive, clear and usable graphs.
- Must have: You have worked on a B2B SaaS product before.
As a start-up, we need people with...
- Entrepreneurial mindset. You're thriving in ambiguity and comfortable working in early start-up, fast-paced environments with evolving priorities.
- Work efficiently. You move fast and allocate your time strategically, weighing the priorities of the design discipline and that of the company.
- Collaborate easily. You combine strong convictions with the willingness to compromise. You enjoy working with other disciplines and empathise with their point of view.
- English fluency. We're a diverse international team from over 17 countries living in Europe (or equivalent time zones) and working fully remote.
Vaayu provides the opportunity to:
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded, and international team
- Grow and develop within an expanding team of entrepreneurial experts
- Join our quarterly offsite where we come together in a European destination
- Enjoy 26 days paid leave with an additional day for every year of employment (up to 30 days)
- Opt in to pension and health policies available within your region of work
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not believe in discrimination of any kind, and are proud to have an international team from over 17 different countries. We nurture an inclusive and collaborative environment for all, and are committed to reflecting a diverse range of backgrounds, experience and thinking.