We believe in the power of technology as a force for good, and know we need to bring the best people together to work on such a significant problem. We are looking for game-changers from across Europe or equivalent time zones, who share our vision to create a better future for people and the planet.
If you are an innovator, want to work at a purpose-driven startup, and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that will drive down carbon emissions at scale, we’d love to hear from you.
- Environmental. The Earth is our protagonist. Protecting it is at the center of everything we do.
- Collaborative. Climate change affects us all. By working collaboratively we know we can make a difference within retail, and beyond.
- Honest. Our voice is informative and authentic. We want to share what we are working on, be open about the challenges, and build an ecosystem that creates change.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced lead to join our innovative, fast-paced and purpose driven Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) team. The role will cover managing a large LCA team and guiding good practice across various retail verticals. Applicants will ideally have strong leadership experience and a deep understanding of LCA methodologies. This role will require working across various parts of the business and the ability to work cross-functionally. This role will report directly to the CTO.
What this looks like (responsibilities)
- Effectively manage an LCA team. Actively contribute to and support the development of direct reports by finding opportunities and effectively delivering constructive feedback
- Collaborating with engineering and data science teams to ensure that we understand and address the climate needs of our prospective customers
- Build an internal team and create a network of external specialists
- Developing product group-specific LCA frameworks
- Distilling complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Understanding and monitoring the evolving changes in the environmental sector and its implications and opportunities for LCA
Who we are looking for (qualifications)
- Extensive experience managing teams
- Past experience in performing and/or managing LCA
- Market overview of LCA software and tools, knowledge of LCI databases as well as knowledge of standards for PCF calculation
- Collaboration skills and teamwork-orientation, as you will work with multiple teams
- Excellent leadership and communication with both peers and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaboration skills and teamwork orientation, as you will work with multiple teams
- Fluency in English
- Academic background in a related field
- A passion for solving climate change
Additional useful experience:
- Working on product environmental footprints and an understanding of manufacturing processes
- Previous experience working with technology teams
Vaayu provides the opportunity to:
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded, and international team
- Grow and develop within an expanding team of entrepreneurial experts
- Join our quarterly offsite where we come together in a European destination
- Enjoy 26 days paid leave with an additional day for every year of employment (up to 30 days)
- Opt in to pension and health policies available within your region of work
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not believe in discrimination of any kind, and are proud to have an international team from over 17 different countries. We nurture an inclusive and collaborative environment for all, and are committed to reflecting a diverse range of backgrounds, experience and thinking.