Validation’s Institutional Markets (IM) division provides custodians and other large holders of crypto assets with various staking products and services, including Staking as a Service (SaaS).
As a Managing Director of Institutional Markets at Validation, you will be responsible for the overall execution of the IM division’s go-to-market strategy within Europe. This role will play a crucial role in establishing and maintaining deep customer relationships, and in building a world-class organization to support the Company’s European interests. Further, you will be responsible for setting sales processes & targets, tracking sales-related KPIs, and owning the IS division’s team / culture build within the region. We’re looking for a GM that is based in Europe (UK or Switzerland Preferred) and open to Remote-first + Hybrid work.
- Drive business growth in Europe, with an emphasis on identifying and executing on opportunities to move the needle on Customers and Revenue.
- Own Region P&L and hiring processes
- Identify and define customer requirements: ensure customer expectations and solution delivery are met
- Play a key role in supporting major regulatory/policy efforts, and subsequently ensuring that Validation operates in full compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements
- Be the face of Validation in the region, including media engagements, conferences and industry forums, and in meetings with local clients and regulators
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to create products and user experiences highly-adapted to the needs of regional clients
- Drive Validation’s expansion strategy in the region, through Channel Partners, Direct clients and developing strategic relationships with the largest asset managers in Europe.
- Create strategic partnerships, bring regional M&A opportunities and venture bets; stay on top of market trends and competitive dynamics
Communication and Business Development Expertise
- Strong evidence of exceptional communication skills, including a proven track record of public speaking engagements.
- An institutional pedigree that reflects a deep understanding of effective communication strategies in the business development context.
Professional Experience and Expertise
- Must have entrepreneurial experience leading and scaling a tech or fintech company in the European market.
- Experience in business development within enterprise & institutional contexts.
- Experience in working with a multinational business.
- A solid background in traditional finance (Tradfi) complemented by a minimum of 3 years of experience in the Web3 domain.
- Demonstrated expertise in the crypto space with a comprehensive understanding rating of 8+/10.
- Experience selling in the crypto & blockchain space is preferred. At a minimum, candidates should have above-average understanding of the leading blockchain protocols and decentralized technologies.
- Solid understanding of the Europe regulatory landscape, preferably in financial services and/or digital assets.
Cultural Proficiency, Attitude, and Adaptability
- Pragmatic and solutions-oriented - always looking for more efficient and effective ways to do things.
- Proficiency in either Swiss, German, French, or British languages, with an emphasis on fluency in German.
- While French language skills are desirable, they are not mandatory for this role.
- Great communication skills in English and the ability to work effectively in a remote-first organization.
- A minimum of 2+ years of professional experience working in the United States, showcasing a strong familiarity with the US business culture, its pace, and urgency.
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy.
- A willingness to grow and adapt with an exciting company in a high-growth space
💸 Competitive salary with bonus and equity options
🏥 Comprehensive health insurance coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
🌴 Generous vacation time and paid time off
🌍 Fully remote work
🏙️ Biannual company offsite
🤝 Dynamic and collaborative work environment
🚀 Opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team in a fast-growing industry
📱Cell Phone Stipend
💻 Hardware included
Our Company Values
Validation Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position!
🛡️ Integrity We empower our team to do the right thing, even when no one is watching. We encourage exuding and practicing trust so that our team members always ask for help when they need it and trust their team’s input.
⭐ Commitment to Excellence We’re constantly raising the bar to meet our standard of a “high-degree of execution.” We practice this standard daily in interactions with our team and customers to ensure excellence in everything we do.
🎯 Determination We never ever give up. Our team isn’t deterred by short-term disappointments and we challenge ourselves to deliver customer results efficiently and effectively no matter what.
🏆 Solutions Orientation We’re a low ego team with an insatiable desire to find the right answer and fix the problem. No task is too small because we have a bias towards action and finding the solution for our customers.