Vay has developed an alternative approach to autonomous driving called teledriving (remote driving) - to solve transportation in metropolitan areas.
Vay is the first company that has driven a car on European public roads with no one inside. Vay is the leading teledriving company setting the global standard for remotely driven vehicles. Vay aims to launch a safe, affordable, and sustainable door-to-door mobility service in the US, Germany and beyond. With its first service, Vay plans to remotely deliver and return electric cars for its customers.
This is very ambitious. And we can’t do it alone. So we'd love to meet you!
As a Remote Driver (or Teledriver as we call them at Vay), you'll be at the core of the team bringing this latest technology to market. We’re revolutionizing the way that people get from point A to point B and this is your chance to get in on the ground floor. You will be one of the first US-based employees in one of the most exciting technology projects globally.
- Remotely drive vehicles to/from customers or transfer of vehicles within the operating area via a remote driving station.
- Interact with Vay users and provide excellent customer service
- Perform test drives as a safety driver or teledriver according to test protocols.
- Support our engineering team with performing data collection and test reports as necessary.
- You may also be asked to perform other fleet and administrative tasks to support operations and positive customer experiences
- You have a clean US driving license
- At least 2 years of driving experience with Uber, Lyft, taxi or similar.
- You like to drive and consider yourself a safe and responsible driver. Safety is first, second and third at Vay!
- A passion and interest in technology or gaming - A bonus if you have a interested in autonomous driving and mobility
- Able to be organized and well-structured.
- You are resilient and have a troubleshooting mind set.
- You work independently without much direction or instruction.
Rates of pay:
Starting at $18, rising up to $25 an hour - dependant on experience
- You’ll work in an office setting in Downtown Vegas and we’ll provide drinks and snacks!
- Opportunity for career growth in one of Europe’s best funded startups in the mobility space.
- You’ll be joining a highly committed, experienced, fun, and international team from over 30 countries.
- You would be a part of solving transportation in metropolitan areas all over the world.
- We organize thoughtful & fun team events throughout the year
- We pioneer change: At Vay, we’re doing work that has never been done before. This comes with challenges, frustrations and failures along the way. We embrace these challenges through perseverance and innovation, delivering creative solutions to overcome them.
- We fuel collaboration: At Vay, we work as a team and strive for a common goal. We celebrate diversity and encourage different opinions. Our teams and partners communicate and collaborate openly. Together we build, improve, and grow.
- We drive action: At Vay, everyone takes pride and commitment in their role for every task and every challenge. We are biassed towards action and get behind the steering wheel, even when there is none. We are empowered to take initiative and drive it to completion.
- We build trust: At Vay, we consistently do the right thing, and follow through on our commitments to stakeholders, users and society. We understand their expectations and always respond in a way that feels human and respectful. We always put safety first and safety second.
- We create magic: At Vay, we don’t just make things that work, we build products people love. We create unexpected and delightful moments for our riders. We design end-to-end experiences that leave a lasting expression.
Vay is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
Come join the future!