Virtex is built on a passion for esports and its biggest moments. Having been a part of it as competitors, organisers and fans, we cherish the unique atmosphere of a live show. We choose the stadium over the stream every time. With Virtex Stadium, we are building a platform that combines the best of both worlds: to create the most exciting experience in esports and bring you much closer to the game.
Just like our favourite teams, we know it takes different types of skills to win and while Virtex Entertainment is headquartered in London, UK, we support fully remote team members all over Europe and the UK so you can work wherever you work best!
We are looking for a Technical Artist (generalist) to join our Art team working on Virtex Stadium. You would be involved in a wide variety of technical tasks related to Art (Character, Exterior, Interior, Props, Weapons, Terrain, Vehicle and Vegetation) as well as overseeing tool creation and maintenance.
Working closely with our team across shaders, animation, modelling, engineers and designers, we'd like to uncover new ways to improve workflow, support asset creation and implementation, and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. It's also important to monitor that our pipeline is adapting correctly to the creative needs of the Virtex Stadium platform, while also helping inform our creative direction from an art content production perspective.
You will have the opportunity to work across the entire Virtex Stadium platform to build memorable events and moments, and develop features that challenge the status quo of live events.
Our studio is growing, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning. We'd love it if you thrive in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big or small, is a critical part of the process. We feel this is a unique opportunity for the right person to grow with the company and help us shape it.
- Set-up assets in Unreal Engine (meshes, animation blueprints, shaders)
- Provide technical support to art and animation in both Blender and Unreal Engine
- Maintain a sustainable approach for memory/performance
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines
- Proactively give and seek feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
If you don't match all of these requirements but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Technical Artist in game development
- Expert knowledge in using the Unreal Engine and Blueprints
- Ability to develop advanced custom shaders in Unreal and familiar with PBR standard
- Experienced in optimising and profiling
- Expert knowledge in Blender
- Diagnose and improve real-time 3D graphics
- Comfortable iterating on ideas using rapid prototyping techniques
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Passion for esports, VR or live events
- Experience creating add-ons in Blender and Unreal to assist with art asset pipeline
- Knowledge of procedural generation software (e.g. Houdini)
- Experienced working with animation blueprints, rigging, control rigs and animation retargeting
- Experience creating a range of complex custom shaders using unreal material editor
- Experience creating audio-reactive content
- Familiar with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline
- Experience with Version Control such as Perforce or similar
- Ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration)
- In place of traditional PTO, we have unlimited holiday but we expect you to use 20 days minimum each year
- Learning and Development budget to explore fun stuff outside of your day-to-day role
- Latest VR equipment for all team members
- Play fund to support you exploring VR games and other social apps
- Annual budget for attending esports events
- Relocation support to the UK if you are interested in moving and working from the studio/office in London
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
- Private healthcare for UK residents or a budget towards a local provider outside of the UK
- We are a registered UK Visa Sponsor
- Stock Options
We bring esports fans closer to the shows, games and teams that they love. By bringing the true feeling of a live event into a virtual world, Virtex Stadium aims to be home to the most memorable and unique events in gaming.