Virtex is built on a passion for esports and its biggest moments. Having been a part of it as competitors, organisers and fans, we cherish the unique atmosphere of a live show. We choose the stadium over the stream every time. With Virtex Stadium, we are building a platform that combines the best of both worlds: to create the most exciting experience in esports and bring you much closer to the game.
Just like our favourite teams, we know it takes different types of skills to win and while Virtex Entertainment is headquartered in London, UK, we support fully remote team members all over Europe and the UK so you can work wherever you work best!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join our core Virtex Stadium platform team. You will collaborate with the development and art teams to design, tweak, and optimize the VR user experience. Your analytical skills, user insights, and creativity aid in crafting experiences that engage and surprise users.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a great understanding of Unreal Engine and passion for designing social Virtual Reality experiences. We are a growing studio, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning systems/mechanics. You are comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process.
- Help with the design, vision and outcome for major features or large areas of the platform/experience
- Create and provide multiple potential design and technical solutions and articulate trade-offs and risks between different options
- Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and work with other designers to focus on the right elements to achieve superior results
- Work collaboratively with the programming, art and engineering teams to create a great holistic experience
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers
If you don't match all of these points but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design shipped titles and VR design experience are a bonus
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine, scripting in Blueprints and other tools necessary for prototyping and developing proof of concepts
- Able to rapidly prototype concepts and later work with other teams to polish them into production-ready solutions
- Good knowledge of game flow and what makes a great user experience/UX
- Experienced working with animation blueprints, rigging, control rigs and animation retargeting
- Experience creating a range of complex custom shaders using unreal material editor
- Experience working with UMG or comparative game oriented UI systems
- Familiar with Epic's standard best practices
- Experience working Unreal's AI and/or NPC system
- Ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration)
- In place of traditional PTO, we have unlimited holiday but we expect you to use 20 days minimum each year
- Learning and Development budget to explore fun stuff outside of your day-to-day role
- Latest VR equipment for all team members
- Play fund to support you exploring VR games and other social apps
- Annual budget for attending esports events
- Relocation support to the UK if you are interested in moving and working from the studio/office in London
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
- Private healthcare for UK residents or a budget towards a local provider outside of the UK
- We are a registered UK Visa Sponsor
- Stock Options
We bring esports fans closer to the shows, games and teams that they love. By bringing the true feeling of a live event into a virtual world, Virtex Stadium aims to be home to the most memorable and unique events in gaming.