Virtex is built on a passion for esports and its biggest moments. Having been a part of it as competitors, organisers and fans, we cherish the unique atmosphere of a live show. We choose the stadium over the stream every time. With Virtex Stadium, we are building a platform that combines the best of both worlds: to create the most exciting experience in esports and bring you much closer to the game.
Just like our favourite teams, we know it takes different types of skills to win and while Virtex Entertainment is headquartered in London, UK, we support fully remote team members all over Europe and the UK so you can work wherever you work best!
We're looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join our growing Art team here at Virtex Stadium.
Working very closely with our art and development teams, we'd love for you to use control rig & animation blueprint systems in Unreal Engine to define what real-time, dynamic animation looks like in Virtex Stadium.
The day-to-day will involve creating the tools and pipelines needed to deliver best in class runtime animation for both users and events as well as assisting in development and maintenance of a variety of real-time animation systems using a wide range of inputs including VR, motion capture, live animation.
This is a perfect role for someone looking to get hands on with the next generation of live, dynamic animation systems in real-time and using them to ship real products.
Our studio is growing and so we'd really like it if you thrive in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big or small, is a critical part of the process.
- Create re-usable and bespoke rigs and skin data
- Create dynamic animation systems for both players and talent (events) that can handle a variety on inputs (including VR)
- Identify bottlenecks in our animation pipeline and help resolve them with robust technical implementations
- Work with the Animation, Engineering, and Technical Art departments to ensure all dependencies are met
- Add to and improve our cross-engine animation retargeting solution (real-time)
- 5+ years of professional experience as a gameplay animator or equivalent role
- Expertise and experience in using Unreal Engine
- Technical animation experience in real-time games
- Working knowledge of Control Rig, Animation Blueprints, State Machines & other Unreal animation workflows
- Creating gameplay animations systems, in some cases from scratch, to deliver a high quality of bipedal character animation
- Experience building rigs in Blender
- Experience working with novel avatar standards such as VRM, ReadyPlayerMe & VRChat
- Passion for esports, VR or live events
- Familiar with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline
- A keen eye for proper form and deformation throughout wide ranges of movements
- Ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration)
- In place of traditional PTO, we have unlimited holiday but we expect you to use 20 days minimum each year
- Learning and Development budget to explore fun stuff outside of your day-to-day role
- Latest VR equipment for all team members
- Play fund to support you exploring VR games and other social apps
- Annual budget for attending esports events
- Relocation support to the UK if you are interested in moving and working from the studio/office in London
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
- Private healthcare for UK residents or a budget towards a local provider outside of the UK
- We are a registered UK Visa Sponsor
- Stock Options
We bring esports fans closer to the shows, games and teams that they love. By bringing the true feeling of a live event into a virtual world, Virtex Stadium aims to be home to the most memorable and unique events in gaming.