Virtex is built on a passion for esports and its biggest moments. Having been a part of it as competitors, organisers and fans, we cherish the unique atmosphere of a live show. We choose the stadium over the stream every time. With Virtex Stadium, we are building a platform that combines the best of both worlds: to create the most exciting experience in esports and bring you much closer to the game.
Just like our favourite teams, we know it takes different types of skills to win and while Virtex Entertainment is headquartered in London, UK, we support fully remote team members all over Europe and the UK so you can work wherever you work best!
We are looking for a Senior Unreal Engine Developer to join our core Virtex Stadium platform team. You'll be collaborating with the development and art teams to design, tweak, and optimize user experience. The right person will have some analytical skills, user insights and creativity in crafting experiences that engage and surprise users like ours.
Our studio is growing, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning. We'd love it if you thrive in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big or small, is a critical part of the process. We feel this is a unique opportunity for the right person to grow with the company and help us shape it.
- Support our lead developer working on the core platform, VR mechanics and key systems
- Implement and improve a variety of fast and efficient core software using Unreal Engine 4
- Develop and maintain tools and code quality
- Build using C++ for all assigned work streams
- Support Junior members of the team with problem solving
If you don't match all of these points but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of experience in professional experience within the gaming industry
- Experience developing in Unreal Engine professionally
- Great understanding of modern C++/ Blueprints (C++ 17/20 is a plus)
- Good knowledge of actor lifecycle and game flow
- Experience with Slate (UMG would be a bonus)
- Ability to do R&D independently and break ground in new territory
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Generalist experience.
- Experience working with Amazon Gamelift, Epic Online Services, Oculus or Steam Platforms
- Familiar with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline
- Experience with modern video and media standards
- Experience developing or shipping Unreal Engine Plugins (Content or Code)
- Experience with Python or GoLang
- Passion for Esports, VR or live events
- Ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration)
- In place of traditional PTO, we have unlimited holiday but we expect you to use 20 days minimum each year
- Learning and Development budget to explore fun stuff outside of your day-to-day role
- Latest VR equipment for all team members
- Play fund to support you exploring VR games and other social apps
- Annual budget for attending esports events
- Relocation support to the UK if you are interested in moving and working from the studio/office in London
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
- Private healthcare for UK residents or a budget towards a local provider outside of the UK
- We are a registered UK Visa Sponsor
- Stock Options
We bring esports fans closer to the shows, games and teams that they love. By bringing the true feeling of a live event into a virtual world, Virtex Stadium aims to be home to the most memorable and unique events in gaming.