Virtex is built on a passion for esports and its biggest moments. Having been a part of it as competitors, organisers and fans, we cherish the unique atmosphere of a live show. We choose the stadium over the stream every time. With Virtex Stadium, we are building a platform that combines the best of both worlds: to create the most exciting experience in esports and bring you much closer to the game.
Just like our favourite teams, we know it takes different types of skills to win and while Virtex Entertainment is headquartered in London, UK, we support fully remote team members all over Europe and the UK so you can work wherever you work best!
Here at Virtex, we are building a new engaging social platform for people who love esports. As the application grows we require more and more scalable services to support all the social features necessary to deliver the best virtual stadium experience we can provide. For that purpose, we are looking for an experienced backend programmer to help us build online services.
- Building and maintaining online services
- Providing API for the application client to connect to
- Providing support during major events
- Managing the cost of the cloud resources and providing forecasts
- Working with client dev and partner portal dev teams to gather requirements
- 4+ years of experience in backend online services development (preferably in the games industry)
- Experienced in Java, C# or Golang
- Experience working with Git, Perforce
- Experience working with AWS, ECS and Docker
- Experience working with K8s or any other container orchestration technologies
- Experience with Kafka and/or Cassandra
- Knowledge of Postman and/or Fiddler
- C++ and UE4 skills are desirable
- Ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration)
- In place of traditional PTO, we have unlimited holiday but we expect you to use 20 days minimum each year
- Learning and Development budget to explore fun stuff outside of your day-to-day role
- Latest VR equipment for all team members
- Play fund to support you exploring VR games and other social apps
- Annual budget for attending esports events
- Relocation support to the UK if you are interested in moving and working from the studio/office in London
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
- Private healthcare for UK residents or a budget towards a local provider outside of the UK
- We are a registered UK Visa Sponsor
- Stock Options
We bring esports fans closer to the shows, games and teams that they love. By bringing the true feeling of a live event into a virtual world, Virtex Stadium aims to be home to the most memorable and unique events in gaming.