Virtex is built on a passion for esports and its biggest moments. Having been a part of it as competitors, organisers and fans, we cherish the unique atmosphere of a live show. We choose the stadium over the stream every time. With Virtex Stadium, we are building a platform that combines the best of both worlds: to create the most exciting experience in esports and bring you much closer to the game.
Just like our favourite teams, we know it takes different types of skills to win and while Virtex Entertainment is headquartered in London, UK, we support fully remote team members all over Europe and the UK so you can work wherever you work best!
We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our art team. As an ideal candidate, you are creative, self-motivated with a passion for Esports and you have knowledge of game development processes. An art degree or background in architecture and interior design is a plus.
We are a growing studio, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning. You are comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process.
- Model, texture, and light game-ready 3D environments using provided concept art or inspirational reference material.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to solve creative and design problems in VR.
- Participate in and contribute to R&D, problem-solving artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Proactively keep Leads and Directors informed of progress and developments.
If you don't match all of these requirements but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 4+ years of professional experience as an Environment artist in game development.
- Expert knowledge of Blender or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of Substance Painter/Substance Designer/Photoshop or equivalent.
- Proficient with Unreal Engine, with sufficient knowledge of Blueprints and asset implementation.
- Experience in shader creation and good understanding of the PBR standard.
- Working knowledge of source control.
- Comfortable iterating on ideas using rapid prototyping techniques.
- Experience with lighting a range of indoor and outdoor environments within Unreal Engine
- Passion for Esports, VR and live events.
- Art Degree/ Architecture/ Interior Design background.
- Experience optimising environments and assets for VR and mobile.
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Experience with Version Control such as Plastic SCM
We bring esports fans closer to the shows, games and teams that they love. By bringing the true feeling of a live event into a virtual world, Virtex Stadium aims to be home to the most memorable and unique events in gaming.