When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the role
As a Salesforce Developer you will support our dynamic Salesforce platform which consists of a number of integrations and packages. You will be responsible for designing, building and testing solutions based on the business needs.
- Understand and analyze the needs and requirements and design scalable future-proof solutions,
- Design custom objects, custom fields, picklists, page layouts, workflow, approval processes, validation rules, custom tabs, reports, Visualforce pages, dashboards, and email generation according to application requirements,
- Develop and implement customized solutions within the Salesforce platform,
- Create timelines and development goals,
- Test the stability and functionality of the application,
- Troubleshoot issues, Identify complex problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds as well as provide timely fixes,
- Write technical design documentation that fully defines all application code and the underlying methodology for the design decisions made,
- Maintaining the security and integrity of the application software.
Relevant Experience and skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology,
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role,
- Experience implementing and developing in Apex, LWC, Visualforce, and Java,
- Proficient with Salesforce Lightning Design System and the Salesforce development lifecycle,
- Hands-on experience with different types of tools of Salesforce IDE,
- Ability to write, interpret, and critique technical specifications,
- Hands-on experience in administration setup, e.g., managing users, security controls, and data as well as creating roles, profiles, and reports,
- The ability to gather requirements and present solutions to stakeholders,
- Analytical skills,
- Strong communications skills,
- Ability to solve problem sets.
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organise Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays and of course, B2B contract is not an exception,
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
Seems like a place you would like to be a part of? Our Team is waiting for you!