When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the role
As a Compliance Officer you will be responsible for ensuring that the Company fulfils requirements in accordance with the legal acts and regulations related to safeguarding of client’s funds, PSD2, internal controls, complaints handling and other. You will initiate the changes and updates in internal compliance policies and procedures, participate in internal and external audits. Your role in the Company is to ensure communication with regulators, consult different team members and report to upper management as well as to maintain compliance with relevant laws, regulations and directives for the Company.
- Embedding compliance with laws, regulations, business principles, rules of conduct, customer agreements and established good business practices in every aspect of the organization (e.g. governance, strategy, people, processes, policies, culture, communication)
- Establishing and maintaining effective compliance risk management and control systems, including monitoring and reporting
- Design and implement regulatory and compliance frameworks to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations, specifically in information security, GDPR and PSD2
- Providing timely advice to the organization on relevant changes in the regulatory environment
- Embedding and promoting integrity within the organization and its employees
- Stay abreast of applicable regulatory and industry standards and requirements through legal research and assessment of relevant notices and updates
- Keep the acceptance policies and relevant procedures up-to-date regarding the regulatory other requirements
- Provide guidance to the business when it seeks to expand into new industries and markets to have expert understanding of industry compliance obligations (regulatory and industry compliance).
- To embed a strong compliance culture within the company, to include maintaining a company-wide training and awareness program for compliance issues
- Perform risk assessments on the compliance and reputational risks
- Manage the relationships with regulators and relevant external bodies
- Advise the company of possible systemic and procedural improvements to mitigate risks inherent in compliance with applicable requirements and standards
- Support ongoing monitoring of implemented mitigating controls and waivers requested for merchant boarding
- Reporting to executive management regarding implementation and assurance of the compliance with the regulatory requirements
- 5 years of experience in a regulatory compliance role in financial services industry
- Knowledge of open banking, PSD2 and emerging new payment methods
- Interest/experience in a similar role in a multi-cultural, global business environment
- Research experience involving cross-border regulatory requirements or other multi-jurisdictional obligations
- Project management skills (change management) a strong plus
- Power of persuasion – Strong stakeholder management skills (internal & external)
- Ability to handle stressful situations and manage competing priorities
- Problem-solving ability, Critical thinking
- Consistency, attention to details, accuracy
- Both a team player and able to work independently
- Reliable and flexible, willing to go the extra mile to get a job done, highly motivated
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ICA Compliance certification would be an advantage
- Ability to travel abroad from time to time for training, educational and workshop purposes
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energizing to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organize Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance,
- Time off - you’ll get 25 days’ holiday when you join, excluding bank holidays, plus an additional day off for your birthday,
- Flexible working - we support remote and hybrid working and flexible start and finish times. You’re free to find your own rhythm,
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)