Title: VP Partnerships
Reporting to: CRO
Who we are
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers.
So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
As VP Partnerships, you’ll focus on leading a team identifying new payment service provider (PSP), system integrator and platform/tech partnerships and generating new business from existing partners.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for end to end ownership of partnership strategy (ensuring it’s aligned with Volt’s wider objectives), and with the tech team to identify new integrations, features and functionality.
- Boost commercial activity by driving partner-linked merchant revenue
- End to end ownership of the partnership model, working with the CRO to build out this function even further
- Help devise partner strategy model and overall objectives for our partners
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Appear at partner events as a subject matter expert, and to participate in partner podcasts, webinars and blog posts
Specific skills we’re looking for
- The ability to build and nurture executive-level relationships both internally and externally
- A track record of managing multiple high-priority projects by working effectively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Handling any daily challenges with a positive mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, including listening, influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution
We want someone who…
- Has knowledge of the payments partner ecosystem
- Has 5+ years of experience in business development, relationship management or partner management, with strong commercial results
- Contributes to an inclusive and fun team environment
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of
- We’ve brought together big names from the likes of Adyen, Klarna and IFX. Their expertise and enthusiasm is infectious
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals
- Our culture is rooted in ambition. Discover what it’s like to work for a start-up on the cusp of achieving something big
- We’re aiming to create the perfect balance between remote and office-based work; we want an environment you can thrive in