Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us.
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
- One of our biggest challenges is modularizing our app into feature modules meanwhile we don’t stop product features, currently, we have 7 feature modules and growing
- We are constantly trying to reduce our compilation time by implementing build time tracking and improvements
- Our real-time system (chat and real-time events) uses an actor model-based architecture within a heavy concurrent system
The most important parts of our stack are:
- Continuous Integration
- Technical decisions based on metrics
- Working with multi-module projects
- MVP / MVVM Architecture
What You Will Do
- Develop new features using the software engineering principles and best practices.
- Writing unit and integration tests as a daily routine.
- Be open-minded about the usage of different kinds of architectures, patterns, and technologies based on the problem space.
- Be proactive and participate in taking technical decisions and purpose improvements.
What We're Looking For
- You are aware of android components lifecycle and know how to use it
- You have a good grasp of SOLID principles and able to implement them- You can implement architecture patterns like MVVM, MVP, MVI..
- You are familiar with multiple ways of testing and how to implement them
Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year + our very own Wallalibrary
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallarenta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Wallanniversary loyalty program
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? **Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
Intro Call - run by talent acquisition. It will take 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
Take-home test / Case Study Presentation - you will be assigned a test that consists of an online coding challenge + a practical case to solve in order to assess your technical skills required for the role, you will have 5 up to 7 days to complete both parts.
Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders. Ability to collaborate and deliver in a cross-functional set up.
Culture interview - Focus on adherence to our business proposition and commitment
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.