Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us.
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Some of the interesting things we are currently doing include finding new ways to handle the complexity or improve resiliency. We use many different AWS technologies (computer, storage ...) to archive our goals. As a Wallapop Backend engineer, we have ownership of the team microservices, so we really embrace the DevOps philosophy (optionally backend staff is who is on duty). Our main parts of our stack are:
- Java & Kotlin
- Spring & Axon Framework
- MySql, DynamoDB, Redis & Memcached
- ElasticSearch & Solr
- AWS: S3, ECS, CloudWatch, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambdas & more
What You Will Do
- Writing Java or Kotlin code, depending on the team the stack could change a little bit
- Developing new features following DDD (tactical design and strategical design)
- Tackling legacy parts
- Testing all the things! Testing is a must, especially if you want to avoid those friendly reminders during the code review
What We’re Looking For
Problem solver and critical thinking
Quality-driven, attention to detail, and pragmatic ̣
Adaptable and eager to learn
Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year + our very own Wallalibrary
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallarenta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Wallanniversary loyalty program
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? **Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
- Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
Technical Task - you will be assigned a test that consists on a coding challenge in order to assess the technical skills required for the role. You will have up to 7 days to complete it
Expertise Interview - run by the core team, focus on the hard skills and the ability to deliver in a given context. This usually takes 60-90 minutes.
Stakeholder Interview - run by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up, ***as well as on leadership skills aligned with the role requirements. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.