Who we are:
Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering farmers by educating them and offering them access to the open market to sell their products at fair prices.
The Problem We Are Solving:
Most farmers in the world still cultivate their fields with techniques learned from experience or taught by their ancestors, leading to non-optimum practices in terms of yield and regard to the environmental impact.
Farmers produce the most valuable part of the food supply chain, but they are the ones getting the least value out of it.
How we are fixing this:
Wikifarmer is building both an educational platform and a digital Marketplace. On one side of our Platform, producers can tap into and update their agricultural knowledge and practices and on the other side they can upload their products for free, gaining immediate and direct access to domestic and international markets.
What we are looking for:
Having recently secured a new round of funding from Point Nine (Revolut, Delivery Hero, Typeform) we are starting to build our core team - central to those hires will be a Content Editor for our Marketplace.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Content Editor will ensure Content Integrity, Usability & Brand Safety. This means that the content that is published on our website by hundreds of people will be edited by you so that it quickly becomes legal, accurate, and useful to the user in the following manner:
- Legal and Compliant: You will ensure that we comply with the legal framework for Agricultural Products and that we do not publish illegal products.
- Accurate and Updated: You will ensure that our content is accurate and updated and all products must have updated prices and descriptions. You will support sellers to maintain, update and optimise content for Wikifarmer Marketplace.
- Useful to the User and Searchable: You will “group” the content, segment it, categorise it, and present it in such a way that the user is not confused and lost in thousands of products.
- Attractive to buy: An important element of any marketplace is related to the quality of pictures. You will make sure that the pictures uploaded by the Sellers are aligned with the description, are authentic, and clear and don’t make the customers doubt the quality.
- Clear writing style and attention to detail
- Image and text editing experience
- Proficiency in both Greek English is an absolute requirement
- Fast reading and fast typing with attention to maintaining correct grammar and suggesting alternate vocabulary
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- L&D budget
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- We are an early startup which is going places and you can make an immediate impact
- Transparency and Collaboration
*please submit your CV in English