We at Wunderflats want to enable everyone to live and work from everywhere.
Imagine a world where we all can securely rent a home within a few clicks without having to worry about finding an apartment: Together we want to turn this into reality and shape the future of housing!
As Director of Engineering (f/m/d*) at Wunderflats, you are part of the core management team, work closely with the founders, and report directly to the CEO.
You will be responsible for driving the comprehensive development of our engineering strategy and help us bring our growing engineering team to the next level. This enables you to shape Wunderflats' product as the go-to platform for furnished apartment rentals in Germany and beyond.
If you’re looking for a progressive and rewarding career, supported by a company that really cares about its people, then this might be the perfect role for you.
This is a permanent role on a full-time basis, with an option for remote working (+/- 1hs from CET).
- Own and develop our engineering strategy and act as a thought leader to position Wunderflats as the ideal solution for the digital housing market
- Be a part of our core leadership team and collaborate on the company tactics and strategy matters to support high-impact bets towards our hyper-growth
- Be a trusted leader from day one and coach, develop, and expand a strong team of 20 talented Wunderflatties, currently led by our Director of Product
- Challenge and improve existing setups and processes, with a focus on process efficiency, automation, continuous delivery, and quality
- Work closely with the Director of Product to empower the team to solve complicated user problems and facilitate architectural and system design initiatives
- You have a strong technical background (including 8+ years of work experience in an international agile tech team and 4-5 years as a manager)
- You are well-versed in building and scaling engineering teams (15+ people)
- You possess a deep understanding of system architectures and modern software technologies
- You lead by example and base your leadership on communication, empathy, trust, and collaboration
- As an experienced decision-maker, you are comfortable making difficult technical decisions
- Experience with a marketplace product is a plus
- An international startup atmosphere in which you can make a difference
- A kick-ass Management Team to support you right from the start
- Join the best team ever (+100 people, healthily growing) with a truly unique employee experience - check our Kununu and Glassdoor score
- Numerous benefits such as flexible working hours, yoga, football table, regular team events, and many more
- Attractive and competitive compensation package
- A yearly budget for professional as well as personal development
*We at Wunderflats value the diversity of our team and stand for equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We respect all differences from person to person, visible or not.