Here you can find our German speaking jobs.
Wunderflats is Germany's market leader for mid-term furnished housing. The Berlin-based scale-up was founded in 2015 by Jan Hase and Arkadi Jampolski. The platform connects those looking for temporary homes, and those offering them, with easy and secure solutions for mid-term rentals with a minimum rental period of one month. Wunderflats offers verified rental agreements and additional landlord services that range from a professional photoshoot of the apartment to a full-service rental management solution.
Wunderflats currently lists over 30,000 apartments in Europe and has over 160 employees. For more information, visit wunderflats.com.
As a Technical Team Lead (f/m/d) you will be responsible for leading a team both from a technical perspective as well as line management. You will work cross-functionally with our Engineering, Product Management, Product Design, and Data Teams, as well as our leadership team. The role allows you to have a huge impact on our Technology estate as we begin to scale this out. Additionally, within your team, you will work with bright and driven engineers who are keen to learn and need your guidance as they build on their own technical and soft skills.
Does this sound like the right next step in your career? We would like to hear from you!
- Our preference would be a Hybrid role out of our wonderful Berlin office -
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Successful Technical Team Leads need a strong combination of hard and soft skills to achieve competency in the role. Hard skills include a deep knowledge of business processes and technologies, while soft skills include good communication.
The skills we are interested in are:
● 8+ years in software development of complex and critical projects
● Experience in various software designs, languages, and architectures
● Experience and knowledge of cloud computing
● Technologies that you should have experience in, including NodeJS, MongoDB, Typescript, React, and other third-party services. GCP and Kubernetes are nice to have
● Good knowledge of clean coding principles, design patterns for object-orientated programming, and scalable distributed system
● Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
● Knowledgeable about all phases of the software development life cycle and solution delivery for web, client-server, and cloud-based systems
● Understands and practices Agile software development
● You know how to keep the team spirit at a high level and how to encourage people even in stressful times
To begin a career as a Technical Team Lead, employees will need to have the following qualifications:
● A Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in IT, computer science, software engineering, or equivalent.
● Proven track record of work experience as a Tech Lead, Principal Engineer, Staff Engineer, or Senior Software Engineer
● Drive technical discussions, challenging & guiding your team of engineers to build elegant solutions
● Be a technical reference point and recommend areas of improvement as we look to scale our organization and product estate
● Participate in the design review process, seeking and providing constructive criticism
● Deliver high-quality solutions and ensure your team follows your lead
● Monitor and adjust your team's pace to create the need for urgency and success while protecting the team from burnout
● You excel at getting your team to focus on the highest-impact work
● Contribute to the organization in the design and development of frameworks, tools, and accelerators that enhance the ability of the teams and the organization
● Contribute to the career development of members of your team as well as others in the Engineering organization
● Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Data, Engineering, and QA to evaluate business requirements
- #empathyculture: Become part of our international team with a scale-up atmosphere, where you as a person really count and your ideas and work make a real impact.
- #worklifebalance: Our working hours are flexible and family-friendly. We operate a hybrid policy with specific office days. Whilst also providing the possibility for fully remote options.
- #personaldevelopment: We support you in your personal & professional development, e.g. through individual training programs, workshops, or participation in trade fairs and conferences.
- #compensationpackage: Receive an attractive compensation package and a company pension plan with a 20% employer contribution.
- #wunderoffice: Work from our brand new office in Berlin (Hackescher Markt), with ergonomically equipped workstations, detox room, playroom, roof terrace and fruit & drinks on us.
- #welovetohavefun: Celebrate with us at our annual summer or winter party, and regular after-work gatherings, and power up in our office with yoga, table soccer and table tennis.
- #morebenefits: A special discounted membership at Urban Sports Club? Decent discounts at FutureBens? Yearly travel ticket? - here you go! - and even more!
*We at Wunderflats value the diversity of our team and stand for equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We respect all differences from person to person, visible or not.