Here you can find our German speaking jobs.
Wunderflats is Germany's market leader for mid-term furnished housing. The Berlin-based scale-up was founded in 2015 by Jan Hase and Arkadi Jampolski. The platform connects those looking for temporary homes, and those offering them, with easy and secure solutions for mid-term rentals with a minimum rental period of one month. Wunderflats offers verified rental agreements and additional landlord services that range from a professional photoshoot of the apartment to a full-service rental management solution.
Wunderflats currently lists over 30,000 apartments in Europe and has over 160 employees. For more information, visit wunderflats.com.
Reporting to the Technical Team Leader, we are seeking a highly skilled Fullstack Engineer (f/m/d) with a background in building scalable applications of a high quality. You will work cross-functionally with our Engineering, Product Management, Product Design and Data Teams. Within your team, you will be collaborating with bright and driven engineers who are keen to learn and solve challenging problems with innovative solutions. Contributing to the creation of project delivery timelines will be another key responsibility by providing technical insight and delivering solutions that meet our business objectives.
Does this sound like the right next step in your career? We would like to hear from you!
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Successful Fullstack Engineers need a strong combination of hard and soft skills to achieve competency in the role. Hard skills include a deep knowledge of business processes and technologies, while soft skills include good communication.
The skills we are interested in are:
- 3+ years in software development of complex and critical projects.
- Experience in various software languages and architectures.
- Good knowledge of clean coding principles, design patterns for object-orientated programming and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience and knowledge of cloud computing.
- Key technologies that you should have experience in, include NodeJS, Typescript, MongoDB and React. GCP and Kubernetes are nice to have.
- Able to make use of Debugging Tools and Techniques to resolve complex issues.
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable about all phases of the software development life cycle and solution delivery for web, client-server, and cloud-based systems.
- Experience and understanding of DevOps practices.
- Understands and practices Agile software development.
To begin a career as a Fullstack Engineer, employees will need to have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in IT, computer science, software engineering, or equivalent.
- A proven track record of work experience as a Software Engineer.
- Based on discussions with your Scrum Team, design applications that meet our user’s needs.
- Ensure you and your team have a high level of code quality and test coverage implemented.
- Able to do independent research and engage in technical discussion contributing to design and development.
- Contribute to the practice of BDD/TDD/DDD as part of the software engineer's best practices.
- Perform regular code reviews with colleagues to identify bugs and performance problems ensuring code and product quality remain high.
- Participating in the recruitment of new staff.
- Ensure the writing of concise documentation for applications.
- Show initiative to use new technologies and methodologies that will benefit projects and respond to the introduction of software advances and upgrades.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Data, Engineering, and QA to evaluate business requirements.
- #empathyculture: Become part of our international team with a scale-up atmosphere, where you as a person really count and your ideas and work make a real impact.
- #worklifebalance: Our working hours are flexible and family-friendly. Your main working hours are spent in the office, but you are also welcome to work from home from time to time.
- #personaldevelopment: We support you in your personal & professional development, e.g. through individual training programs, workshops, or participation in trade fairs and conferences.
- #compensationpackage: Receive an attractive compensation package and a company pension plan with a 20% employer contribution.
- #wunderoffice: Work from our brand new office in Berlin (Hackescher Markt), with ergonomically equipped workstations, detox room, playroom, roof terrace and fruit & drinks on us.
- #welovetohavefun: Celebrate with us at our annual summer or winter party, and regular after-work gatherings, and power up in our office with yoga, table soccer and table tennis.
- #morebenefits: A special discounted membership at Urban Sports Club? Decent discounts at FutureBens? Yearly travel ticket? - here you go! - and even more!
*We at Wunderflats value the diversity of our team and stand for equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We respect all differences from person to person, visible or not.