Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 150+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world, on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, raising $34M in funding (Series A + seed round).
We work together to create an environment for open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and go beyond your own potential.
We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it is like to work here.
About the role
As a member of the Business Development Team, you will report directly to the Team Lead Business Development. We recently left the evangelizing phase and are now setting up repeatable, predictable growth, which you will build significantly.
As our Business Development Representative, these are the things you will do:
- Drive Y42’s growth through inbound and outbound prospecting efforts, generating sales leads that will turn into business opportunities
- Educate and nurture incoming leads and move them down the sales funnel to support the team to reach our goals and help skyrocket us to unicorn status
- Write email/LinkedIn/mixed sequences and make cold calls to map and attract new leads
- Conduct personalized follow-up calls and emails based on research and A/B testing that will convert into successful sales meetings
- Take full ownership of your campaigns from start to finish (planning, lead research, lead list generation, sequence building, messaging, monitoring, and optimization)
- Build out essential company-wide frameworks: JTBD, ICP segmentation, and persona tree
- Build and improve automated sales processes focused on our ideal customer profiles and target personas that will help the team to drive sales results
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on sales enablement content, including blog posts, customer success stories, and onboarding guides
- Develop cross-functional projects with other teams (Customer Success, Product, Marketing, etc.) or external partners
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience in a business or tech job role related to sales
- Knowledge of Data Analytics tools or previous experience in the Data industry
- A hunter mentality and experience working on outbound strategies (via phone, email, social selling, or in person)
- Negotiation skills to promote ideas and influence an audience
- A positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection or failure
- Eagerness to deep-dive into the data analytics space and act as an evangelist for Y42 in the market
- A high degree of proactiveness, diligence, and a get-stuff-done mentality
- A very analytical and creative mindset
- Ambition and eagerness to grow in an extremely fast-moving environment
- Fluent communication in English and German
What will grab our attention even more:
- Previous experience in a Sales or Business role in the SaaS or Data space
- Fluency in other European languages, especially form the nordic region
Everyone carries a unique set of valuable skills and experiences. If you think you could have an impact even though you don’t match all items in this list, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Reasons to join
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous stock options package to participate in the company’s success.
You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- An office with amazing views in the heart of Berlin (Rocket Tower, Charlottenstraße 4)
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or admire.
Curious about our office? We get it! We’re on the 12th and 13th floor of the Rocket Tower in the center of Berlin, Charlottenstraße 4. You can enjoy the views on days you’re not working remotely.
The typical hiring process at Y42:
- Application review
- Recruiter Interview
- Hiring Manager interview
- In-depth interview
- Cultural fit interview
- Reference check