Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 150+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world, on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, raising $34M in funding (Series A + seed round).
We work together to create an environment for open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and go beyond your own potential.
We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it is like to work here.
About the role
As a member of the Customer Success team you’ll be in charge of solving all the tricky issues that our customers discover during the sales process. You will report to our Solutions Engineer Lead.
You will work together with the Sales & Customer Success teams to make sure that our customers are able to realize their business goals. You will help them think through technical issues and how they can integrate Y42 into their software stack. This can involve technical issues for integrations, thinking through data privacy-implications or demonstrating a critical use-case.
As our Pre Sales Solutions Engineer, these are the things you will do:
- Lead projects where you set up Y42 end-to-end for a POC;
- Develop use-cases that demonstrate the power of Y42 to potential clients;
- Work with our Sales team to jointly close our biggest customers;
- Support the Implementation team in setting up Y42 after the sale;
- Demonstrate the technical capabilities & architecture of Y42 to important stakeholders;
- Implement best practices across the team for handling multi-stakeholder projects;
- Improve our team’s understanding in handling Enterprise Clients;
- Mentor junior Customer Success & Sales Employees.
What we’re looking for:
- You love working with customers and are great at understanding businesses and their data needs;
- Can handle tricky multi-stakeholder projects and make complex topics easy to understand;
- Are a fast learner and can handle many competing priorities in chaotic situations;
- Love working with data, and are able to convince others why data is so important;
- Have worked 2+ years in customer-facing technical roles in a fast-paced environment;
- Are comfortable writing SQL queries and know at least one scripting language;
- Have 4+ years of relevant work experience.
What will grab our attention even more:
- Have experience with deploying new software into large companies;
- Have a broad understanding on different data ingestion methods;
- Have prior experience as a sales or implementation engineer;
- Have prior experience with Business Intelligence;
- Have experience in setting up reporting and/or data setups yourself.
Everyone carries a unique set of valuable skills and experiences. If you think you could have an impact even though you don’t match all items in this list, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Reasons to join
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous Stock Options package to participate in the company’s success.
You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- An office with amazing views in the heart of Berlin (Rocket Tower, Charlottenstraße 4)
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or admire.
Curious about our office? We get it! We’re on the 12th and 13th floor of the Rocket Tower in the center of Berlin, Charlottenstraße 4. You can enjoy the views on days you’re not working remotely.
The typical hiring process for this role at Y42:
- Application Review
- Recruiter Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
- In-depth Interview
- Cultural Interview
- Reference Check