Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 150+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world, on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, raising $34M in funding (Series A + seed round).
We work together to create an environment for open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and go beyond your own potential.
We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it is like to work here.
About the role
As a member of the Engineering Team you will support our CEO/CTO in building scalable engineering processes and manage an entire engineering team. At the very core of our DNA, we are a product-driven company and your position is one of our most important hires.
You will work with a highly ambitious team that strives to build the world’s leading no-code business intelligence software and become the next European decacorn. Our tech stack: https://stackshare.io/y42/y42
As our Engineering Manager Python, these are the things you will do:
- Source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the y42 culture and product;
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making considered architectural decisions;
- Play a vital role in the Engineering Team and be the ultimate owner of engineering performance and business impact;
- Contribute to owning and delivering processes, drive engineering quality and fulfil our engineering duties;
- Grow and develop the team by coaching your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path;
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and 2+ years of engineering management experience;
- A proven track record building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence and transparency.
- Experience writing modern Python at scale;
- A deep understanding of building cloud infrastructure at scale on Google Cloud or equivalent;
- Having designed, built and scaled production applications yourself;
- A focus on execution, being a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier — you never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery;
- Knowing what high-quality code and software engineering processes look like and how to foster an environment that creates these;
- Strong written and oral communication.
Everyone carries a unique set of valuable skills and experiences. If you think you could have an impact even though you don’t match all items in this list, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Reasons to join
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous VSOP package to participate in the company’s success.
You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- An office with amazing views in the heart of Berlin (Rocket Tower, Charlottenstraße 4)
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or admire.
Curious about our office? We get it! We’re on the 12th and 13th floor of the Rocket Tower in the center of Berlin, Charlottenstraße 4. You can enjoy the views on days you’re not working remotely.