Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 150+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world, on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, raising $34M in funding (Series A + seed round).
We work together to create an environment for open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and go beyond your own potential.
We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it is like to work here.
About the role
As a member of the Engineering Team, you will support our Tech Team in building scalable engineering processes and manage diverse projects teams. We are a product-driven company at the very core of our DNA, and your position is one of the most valuable ones.
You will work with a highly ambitious team that strives to build the world’s leading no-code business intelligence software and become the next European decacorn. Our tech stack: https://stackshare.io/y42/y42
As our (Senior) Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Research and integrate tooling to improve our processes and capabilities
- Mentoring our teams as a champion of our DevSecOps culture
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Measure and optimize system performance with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
The role is the perfect fit if you:
- Have experience with at least one public cloud provider and infrastructure as code
- Have completed a degree in a relevant field of study or work in a role that typically requires a university degree
- Have worked with container orchestration solutions, preferably Kubernetes
- Have professional experience in building products and services
- Have a proactive approach to spotting performance bottlenecks and areas for improvement
- Are ambitious and want to grow in an extremely fast-moving environment
Everyone carries a unique set of valuable skills and experiences. If you think you could have an impact even though you don’t match all items in this list, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Reasons to join
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous VSOP package to participate in the company’s success.
You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- An office with amazing views in the heart of Berlin (Rocket Tower, Charlottenstraße 4)
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or admire.
Curious about our office? We get it! We’re on the 12th and 13th floor of the Rocket Tower in the center of Berlin, Charlottenstraße 4. You can enjoy the views on days you’re not working remotely.
The typical hiring process at Y42:
- Application Review
- Recruiter Interview
- Short Technical Interview
- Case Challenge
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Culture Interview
- Reference check