Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 70+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world who are on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world’s most renowned investors, having raised $34m in funding (Series A + seed round). This enabled us to build one of the largest tech and product teams across all European Series A-funded startups with 50+ team members.
We work together to create an environment for people with open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and redefine your own potential. We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive, and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it’s like to work here
About the role
As a member of the Engineering Team, you will be creating a scalable architecture and extending the existing system. We are a product-driven company at the very core of our DNA, and your position is one of the most valuable ones.
You will work with an ambitious team that strives to build the world’s leading analytics engineering platform and become the next European decacorn.
As our Python Senior Backend Engineer, these are the things you will do:
- Work closely with the integration and orchestration team
- Evaluate, plan, implement, and deploy new features
- Profile, benchmark, and monitor the application’s performance
- Mentor your team to write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Communicate, collaborate, and work closely with the Engineering and Product teams
What we’re looking for:
- You have used Python extensively in production projects, building products and services
- You have advanced knowledge of working with MySQL, REST-APIs, and open-source projects
- You possess an in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- You have the ability to be hands-on when needed, but you also have the experience to lead on technical architecture/product architecture decisions
- You have the ability to switch and prioritize tasks using your own initiative
- You have excellent problem-solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills
- You have completed a master’s/bachelor’s degree, preferably in an information technology field
What will get our attention even more
Knowledge of modern data architectures and related tools, such as DBT, Airflow, or the Singer framework.
Everyone carries a unique set of valuable skills and experiences. If you think you could have an impact even though you don’t match all items in this list, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Reasons to join
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous stock options package to participate in the company’s success.
You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- An office with amazing views in the heart of Berlin (Rocket Tower, Charlottenstraße 4)
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or admire.
Curious about our office? We get it! We’re on the 12th and 13th floor of the Rocket Tower in the center of Berlin, Charlottenstraße 4. You can enjoy the views on days you’re not working remotely.
The typical hiring process at Y42:
- Application Review
- Recruiter Interview
- Short Technical Interview
- Coding Challenge
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Culture Interview
- Reference check