Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 100+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world who are on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world’s most renowned investors, having raised $34m in funding (Series A + seed round). This enabled us to build one of the largest tech and product teams across all European Series A-funded startups with 60+ team members.
We work together to create an environment for people with open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and redefine your own potential. We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive, and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it’s like to work here
About the role
At Y42, our mission is to empower everyone to design superior data processes, and we believe that our Modern DataOps Cloud is the right vehicle to do so. In order to enable more people to join us on this mission, we are looking for a Developer Advocate to scale our community and drive the success of DataOps practitioners.
After having built multiple companies in the data space, our founder and the team have become convinced that the data world is still missing what DevOps did to software. More specifically, we believe the fundamental pillars of DataOps’ continuous development, experimentation, and automation can bring a tremendous increase in agility and governance to the data space.
Therefore, in November 2022, we released a new version of our product to pioneer a new software category — the DataOps Cloud. We believe that our product has the potential to reshape the entire data industry. That’s why we are looking for Y42’s first Developer Advocate (perhaps the first Developer Advocate in DataOps, too), bringing DataOps and Y42 to the data community. We know how important developer advocacy is, so in this role, you will be part of our Product Team, working closely with our CEO — who is also the Product & Tech Lead at Y42 — and our SVP Marketing.
As our Developer Advocate, you will:
- Build and engage the Y42 DataOps community of data engineers, analytics engineers, and data analysts
- Provide instruction, content, and consultation to help our developer community get better at their jobs and adopt DataOps in their data teams
- Communicate complex data topics to folks with a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and collaborate with our Marketing Team on different formats
- Build a team of Y42 advocates and empower them to spread the word about DataOps
- Influence the direction of our product development by gathering feedback from our community and working closely with the CEO and Product Team
- Build your own data pipelines with Y42’s Modern DataOps Cloud (e.g., as lighthouse projects) and provide direct feedback to our engineers and product managers
The role is the perfect fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience as a data or analytics engineer
- Have previous experience using the Modern Data Stack (dbt, Airflow, Fivetran, …) alongside modern data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift)
- Have previous experience building, managing, and/or engaging with a community
- Are creative, empathetic, communicative, and clever
- Are confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small
- Are ambitious and want to grow in an extremely fast-moving environment
- Are adept at communicating technically complicated topics in a simple and elegant way
Everyone carries a unique set of valuable skills and experiences. If you think you could have an impact even though you don’t match all items in this list, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Reasons to join
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous stock options package to participate in the company’s success. You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or admire.
The typical hiring process at Y42:
- Application Review
- Recruiter Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
- In-depth Interview
- Cultural Interview
- Reference Check