Founded in 2020, Y42 is a fast-growing company of 70+ ambitious and dedicated experts from all over the world who are on a mission to reshape the data space. We are backed by some of the world’s most renowned investors, having raised $34m in funding (Series A + seed round). This enabled us to build one of the largest tech and product teams across all European Series A-funded startups with 50+ team members.
We work together to create an environment for people with open minds who want to grow and have an impact. Being a part of Y42 means constant growth and opportunity. We are all highly ambitious yet united in our mission to succeed as a team. Here, you can truly explore and redefine your own potential. We believe it is crucial for everyone here to find purpose in what they do, thrive, and feel like they belong. That is why we invite you to learn more about what it’s like to work here
About the role
Alongside our CEO and Product Leads, you will be the first to spearhead and drive AI initiatives at Y42. The minimum time period for the internship will be 6 months - depending on your performance, a full-time position can be considered afterwards.
As our Product Intern- AI, these are the things you will do:
- Embed LLMs in every workflow within the Y42 platform and work with techniques like Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG), Prompt Tuning and Controlled Generation
- Work closely with our Head of Product to implement product management processes across teams
- Support in driving the product roadmap, prioritizing the development of different product services, and product communication
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, design, sales, and marketing departments to deliver new capabilities to the platform successfully
- Be a very strong product IC who delivers on product discovery (e.g. market research, tool deep dives, customer interviews)
- Support in optimizing and automating communication of product efforts across teams
You will be great for the position if you:
- Have practical experience with modern Software Engineering concepts and best practices (e.g. CI/CD, version control, microservices)
- Have a can-do attitude and are resourceful in getting things done
- Have at least two of the following experiences and are willing to fill the gaps:
- Extensive experience with NLP in general and fine-tuning LLMs in particular for particular use cases
- Have a good understanding of SQL
- Worked on building SaaS products that end-users love
- Have a good sense for UI/UX and the ability to prototype ideas in Figma
- Experience working with data warehouses (e.g. Google BigQuery or Snowflake) and modern data tools (e.g. dbt, Airflow, Dagster)
- Eager to learn about data tools and about our customer personas (data engineer, data analyst, business user)
Reasons to join
You can count on:
- A learning and development budget
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor
- An office with amazing views in the heart of Berlin (Rocket Tower, Charlottenstraße 4)
- The flexibility to work from home
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or admire.
Curious about our office? We get it! We’re on the 12th and 13th floor of the Rocket Tower in the center of Berlin, Charlottenstraße 4. You can enjoy the views on days you’re not working remotely.