Who are we?
We are Yababa, and we’re on a mission to shape the future of multicultural grocery shopping in Europe. Our goal is to deliver a rich variety of groceries to people's homes with a convenient shopping experience. We offer a wide selection of high quality products from all over the Middle East and Turkey with a focus on fresh, halal and homely treats delivered to your door the same day.
We are an international team from all backgrounds, and just as much as we believe in the products we sell and the service we provide, we also believe in our people. We aim to become the leader in Grocery Delivery for multicultural foods and we are looking for driven, and inspired people who want to shape the future of groceries with us.
Our team brings domain expertise from some of the fastest growing global technology companies including Delivery Hero, TIER Mobility and Amazon among others. But, we’re not the only ones excited for this journey - we have recently closed a €13m Seed round led by some of Europe’s top investors including Creandum, Project A and Atlantic Food Labs.
Join us and become part of a diverse and highly motivated team on a common mission to change the way multicultural communities across Europe order groceries!
What you'll be doing:
- Responsibility for the accuracy of picking and packing the orders sent to our customers
- Ensure the ultimate freshness of the products you are picking
- Ensure picking readiness at all times
- Supporting incoming shipments and inventory management before opening of the store
- Assist the supervisor with operations as necessary
- Make sure of the cleanliness and readiness of the warehouse for operations
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience in a professional role in a similar environment (FMCG/Retail/Warehouse/Last mile delivery is a big plus)
- Strong hands-on mentality and are very detailed oriented
- A fast-paced environment does not detract from your quality of work
- Familiar with the grocery retail space
- Good communication skills and good proficiency in both written and spoken English (German is a plus)
What we can offer you?
- A unique opportunity to join early and build one of the most promising e-commerce companies in Europe, still in the early stages and showing high growth
- Grow your career - with our goal to become an international market leader, there are many opportunities to grow within the team - upwards and sideways
- A mission-driven company - we want to provide people with alternative shopping options
- A steep learning curve from day one - we value your growth and invest in it as much as you do
- A unique opportunity to work in an inspiring and challenging environment and develop your commercial skills for the digital future of retail
- Enjoy a great team experience - be prepared for after work beers and team activities