Location: London (remote-first environment)
YLD's mission is to empower our clients to forge ahead. We strive to enhance our clients' capabilities, ensuring they have an edge over their competitors. Our goal is to make our clients successful, and our team's excellence drives that. As a software engineering and design consultancy, we create lasting digital capabilities for our clients. With footprints in London, Lisbon, and Porto, we are a community of driven professionals.
About the role:
YLD has witnessed tremendous growth, and we are excited to bring on board an Associate Client Partner. This position will introduce you to managing client relationships, collaborating with key stakeholders, and learning from our seasoned consultants in the Agile realm. A background in Engineering, Product Design, Delivery, or similar is a plus, but we embrace diverse experiences.
Your core responsibility will be to support our client partners in liaising with our clients and consultants, ensuring our engagements are seamless and fruitful. With guidance from our senior leadership, you'll gain insights into the direction and strategy of our business.
- Assisting in client engagement management from inception to conclusion, collaborating with the Commercial team, spotting opportunities, and working alongside delivery teams.
- Developing partnerships with our clients, fostering trust, and understanding their needs and concerns.
- Coordinating and motivating team members, as well as provide leadership and direction.
- Participating in regular account reviews with clients and being a secondary point of contact when issues arise. Providing weekly client updates to the wider YLD team.
- Supporting profitability and performance metrics across engagements, helping ensure timely billing and payment processes.
- Elevating YLD's image within client organisations, contributing ideas for potential improvements.
- Collaborating with our People & Operations team on staffing matters, including participation in the interviewing process.
- Effectively addressing people-centric issues impacting client engagement with guidance from senior members.
- Responsible for documenting actions and follow-ups, and making sure these are implemented in the most effective way possible.
You should ideally have:
- Some experience in a software development consultancy or a similar environment.
- An understanding of consulting and stakeholder management.
- Great organisational skills, can stay on top of things and work in a well-organised way.
- Familiarity with software delivery in varied settings; previous roles within a delivery team are advantageous.
- Strong communication skills, with an aptitude for building professional relationships.
- The ability to think strategically and tackle issues with a pragmatic approach.
- Strong facilitation, diplomacy and negotiation skills, enabling you to have difficult conversations with the client and team
- Financial acumen and a commercial mindset.
- A commitment to diversity, fairness, and inclusion.
Perks and Benefits:
- Company Private Health care (currently provided by BUPA)
- Enhanced fully paid maternity and paternity leave for up to 6 months
- Company’s Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- £2000 annual allowance for Training/Conferences
- £300 annual allowance for additional hardware
- Mental Health support: access to Spill app
- Meditation/Sleep support: Headspace or Calm app subscription
- Bonus (depending on Company performance and results)
- Generous referral schemes
Our typical Recruitment Process looks like this:
- Intro call with someone from the Talent team (30/45 mins)
- 1st interview with our Head of Technology and one of our Client Partners (30/45 mins)
- Case study with our Head of Technology and one of our Client Partners (~1h)
We live and breathe our values, and know you will too:
- Growing every day
- Including everyone
- Relationships built on honesty and ethics
- Inspiring solutions
- Winning together
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, age, marital status, or disability status. Likewise, we also offer a remote-first working environment, meaning that flexible working and work-life balance come as standard for all employees.