At Yondr, we fund, design, deliver and operate hyperscale and edge data centres. We are revolutionising the real estate and technology industries. We provide wholly outsourced, end-to-end solutions to meet the capacity and property needs of growing businesses. In the process, we improve business performance, create enriching user experiences, and meet tomorrow’s needs today.
But we can’t do it without you.
We believe in a tomorrow without constraints and making the impossible possible for our clients. Thinking out of the box and not settling for less, is crucial.
All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. Diversity is one of Yondr's core values, and we want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.
- Lead the engagement with the Electrical utilities across Yondr’s Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) footprint to lead the utilities due diligence, develop & execute the infrastructure strategy for the interconnection of potential Yondr data center sites across EMEA.
- Work closely with a variety of key stakeholders and related leaders including but not limited to Development, Engineering, Design & construction (D & C) team, Legal, Commercial, Finance, and Operations to successfully deliver the required utilities for data center projects.
- Lead the negotiation of power connection agreements before final Yondr leadership approval for final review and execution.
- In order to be successful, you must have a strong background in developing & delivering MV, HV & EHV power connections, be able to work in a dynamic and global organisation, and have a strong desire to continuously learn and innovate. In particular, a specific knowledge of the infrastructure for Data Centre or similar mission critical site selection background is desired, ideally to include utilities, networks, site feasibility, and due diligence.
- Support the development of the Yondr growth strategy, focusing on the acquisition of sites suitable for data center development.
- Manage the identification, selection and appointment of Power due diligence consultants
- Manage the power due diligence process, and supports a risk based approach to investments
- Responsible for formalising the scope demarcation between Yondr & Utilities for power delivery , obtaining budget CAPEX for Yondr scope and CAPEX to utility to support the development team in obtaining project approval.
- Develop, coordinate & implement energy strategies for securing & delivering power connections.
- Define for development team business cases the site power capacity CAPEX, and delivery date.
- Support Yondr Design & Construction (D & C) team to deliver the MV/HV connections to Yondr data centers while securing construction power connections when required.
- Work with Yondr client solutions team to provide technical support for clients and present energy strategy.of sites.
- Evaluation of onsite generation, battery storage and new energy solutions technologies associated with the overall site development to ensure early access to power or meet client & Yondr sustainability targets
- Monitor and track the power utility scope of work up to site energisation while ensuring the power utility company activities and program are coordinated with Yondr D&C.
- Support D&C team in ensuring Yondr delivery vendor work for Yondr scope is coordinated with the power utility.
- Develop relationships with customers, vendors, consultants, utilities, inward investment agencies, municipalities and land owners to enable projects.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Engineering, Construction, Business or other related field.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- 7+ years of experience working with or for utilities within EMEA.
- 5+ years of experience in design, construction or project management in the utility industry.
- Commercial skill set to review utility fees/tariffs, connection agreement contracts, HV cables & substation CAPEX
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate in a dynamic environment
- Manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
Additional Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree (MBA/MS) preferred.
- PMP Certification, or equivalent Project Management training and experience.
- The ability to converse in German , French or Spanish is advantageous.
- Experience with IT infrastructure, data centres and cloud services.