Yondr is a disruptor. We challenge convention and simplify complexity. A global developer, owner operator and service provider of data centers, we deliver complex data center capacity needs for the world’s largest tech companies. Our exponential growth sees us looking for extraordinary people to help accelerate us towards our vision: a tomorrow without constraints.
But we can’t do this without you.
About the Role
You will be responsible for assisting in but not limited to planning, budgeting, strategic sourcing, supply chain management, critical supplier performance management and stakeholder management for the critical equipment and associated professional service categories. This individual will help develop long-term business strategies aligned with key Yondr stakeholders, executives, and other Global D&C leaders to drive results directly linked to the business goals that contribute to Yondr’s position as a leader in all the markets it serves.
OFCI Equipment Planning
- Analyze capital forecasting plans to help establish equipment and services purchasing programs required to support OFCI equipment budget and rolling 12-24 month procurement plans to support required project delivery timelines
- Ensure accurate cost and schedules are provided in a timely manner to the all D&C stakeholders in support of budget approvals and project schedule planning
- Provide weekly procurement status, progresses, and recommendations to gain support from leadership to align on the business objectives
- Continually evaluate new critical infrastructure technologies with partners to ensure that Yondr balances cost, availability, reliability and efficiency into its standard kit of parts equipment offering.
- Analyze category spend management opportunities, conduct research to understand the supply market and commodity trends, and deploy appropriate strategic plans and track KPI’s
- Categories would include, but not limited to: Electrical, Mechanical,BMS/EPMS,Rigging/Storage,Engineering, Commissioning, and Testing Professional Services.
- Ensure Yondrs policies and processes are followed and continuously improve processes and systems to drive best-in-class partnership performance
- Collaborate with Yondr Operations and D&C team members to ensure alignment and execution of partnership strategies
- Continuously identify and implement strategies to improve procurement initiatives, increase speed to market, improve quality, and achieve a lower total cost of ownership
- Understand cost & schedule impacts and align with stakeholders to effectively assess risk levels, manage supply continuity, develop contingency plans and establish risk management strategies to mitigate risk.
- Lead ongoing partnership activities within assigned scope of spend categories to achieve business objectives and benefit targets
- Help develop RFP packages and lead competitive sourcing events to ensure structuring of commercial value, risk mitigation, and performance requirements are secured in a contract to protect Yondr’s interests.
Design & Construction, QA/QC and Commissioning Project Support
- Help solicit and develop OFCI/professional services related contracts to support Yondr projects and associated timelines
- Monitor market supply chain conditions and anticipate needs of various project requirments to ensure “RDP” structured ordering of OFCI equipment for just-in-time delivery to meet Yondr timelines
- Help develop and deploy company wide OFCI QA/QC and equipment startup & commissioning standardization playbook
- Help resolve unforeseen technical and commercial issues that arise from the various projects, engage with subject matter experts, and escalate as necessary to close processes utilizing approved corrective actions
- Ensure the most up to date Yondr design standards are distributed to the OFCI suppliers to deliver the products as specified
- Obtain OFCI equipment submittals to support the design, specification, and process approval for each assigned project as needed
Supply Chain / Logistics Management
- Track and manage equipment inventory locations to analyze and recommend action plan to prioritize reallocation of capital assets to achieve cost avoidance when possible
- Contract and manage OFCI equipment rigging and storage services as needed
- Procure equipment shipping transportation services for asset transfers, identify equipment to be transferred, and coordinate delivery schedule
- Perform receiving transactions utilizing company tools of the OFCI equipment delivered to the sites and ensure backup documentations are attached to support audit needs
Stakeholder and Supplier Management
- Develop OKR’s to measure supplier partners performance (on-site delivery performance, cost savings, etc.)
- Continuously evaluate supplier performance, Help create QA/QC protocols that improve supplier performance as necessary
- Ensure mutual contracted obligations are met to ensure the negotiated values are realized
- Lead periodic business reviews (such as weekly meetings, QBRs, problem resolution, etc.)
- Liaise with Yondr Site Operations teams, Suppliers, Finance to be the escalation point on issues that need resolutions and lead process improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and maximize value
- Travel to Yondr sites, OEM facilities, trade conferences, and networking events to facilitate strong relationships to benefit the strategic positioning of Yondr’s and department objectives
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the Site Operations’ needs on certain difficult to source
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Management, Operations, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in Sourcing / Procurement / Project Management
- Experience in contract development, execution, and management
- Skilled in building relationships with key stakeholders to gather category requirements, specifications from departments, and category subject matter experts
- Ability to resolve conflicts and solve problems
- Experience in managing and leading change initiatives involving significant impacts to an organization.
- Experience developing long range sourcing plans for assigned categories to reduce total costs, optimize value from suppliers, and meet internal customer requirements
- Demonstrated company-wide procurement leadership experience within one or more indirect categories or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
- Five or more years direct experience in global supply chain management, project management, category management, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, and vendor management in variety of categories
- Direct experiences in the following categories: Critical MEP Equipment Procurement & Installation Coordination,BMS/EPMS Systems and Professional Services
- Experienced in Mission Critical Data Center Construction
At Yondr, we want to enhance the diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging of our workforce to reflect the world we live in. Our roles are potential opportunities for everyone; all interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply. We ensure all candidates have equitable access and consideration throughout the hiring process.
Yondr is committed to fostering a welcoming, safe and inclusive work environment. We provide support through our benefits, which are inclusive of all backgrounds.