About our Web team
The Web Team is full of talented engineers who write good code and care about building great products. Our primary responsibility is Airship’s customer dashboard, which consists of a TypeScript/React frontend, Python/Django middle-end, and a Postgres database.
We collaborate very closely with our Product Management and Program Management teams as well as our other engineering teams. We collectively strive to make the dashboard a joy to use for our customers, and our engineers have frequent and vital opportunities to help decide how to accomplish that goal.
We want to hire a great human who is also a great engineer. We hope that you can hit the ground running and that your experience, drive, and ability to work well with others can help our team grow.
About the role
You'll be joining our Paris web team and be responsible for:
- Working on our customers dashboard (React and Typescript) which powers experiences on millions of mobile devices all over the world
- Contributing to our Frontend APIs developed in Python
- Providing technical leadership to the team; teaching, supporting, doing code reviews, and providing guidance
Web Engineers at Airship are responsible for maintaining, improving, and extending the dashboard that our customers use every day. They weave Python, TypeScript, React, and CSS together to create new ways for companies to inform and engage with their customers. You will be working with an international team on complex and challenging projects.
In an average week, you will:
- Collaborate with teammates in other functional roles, including Product Managers, Platform Engineers, and Program Managers
- Read, understand, and write code (primarily TypeScript and Python)
- Provide technical design input for, and development of, new features that will continue to push our messaging platform forward
- Work with Infrastructure, QA, and other Engineers to troubleshoot issues that are escalated through Support
- Test changes, both manually and by writing and updating unit and integration tests
- Attend meetings with the team, including sprint planning, backlog refinement, and retrospectives
- Work with a strong, cross-team group of WebEngineers to build a consistent and maintainable platform
- Deploy multiple changes to production using feature flags to control end-user visibility
This job can be based everywhere in France and so to full remote status.
- You have 5+ years of experience in an engineering role Proven experience on React/Typescript and Python (Django is a plus)
- Established history of providing technical leadership for projects and/or teams
- Strong communication skills (both verbally and in writing) in french and english
- Your impact is maximized by the work you do through others through your mentorship, teaching, support, code review, and technical guidance. You value continuous improvement, both for yourself and your team. Most importantly, you see a job like this as an opportunity to learn on a daily basis and help others do the same.
- Testing enthusiasm
- Experience working in a cloud environment
Airship has a fantastic career pathing, including support to grow your career with regular 1:1s, Hack Week, multiple review cycles per year, a professional development fund, and a formal mentorship program.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
Learn more about Airship here: Airship Newsroom + Airship Customers
Airship Benefits Summary
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program ($1,750/year) + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.